UC Davis CPE Python Programming Instructor Position
UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education
Davis/Sacramento (remote instruction), California, USA
Job TitleUC Davis CPE Python Programming Instructor Position
The University of California, Davis Division of Continuing and Professional Education (CPE) Technology, Engineering and Data portfolio is hiring for one instructor - one for a course in Data Preparation, Modeling and Visualization with Python. https://cpe.ucdavis.edu/section/data-preparation-modeling-and-visualization-python
The UC Davis CPE Instructor is a By-Agreement position and adheres to the core mission of UC Davis and the educational responsibilities of higher education. The designated job title is UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education Instructor.
- Serving as a subject matter expert in their designated subject area(s).
- Teaching courses according to established learning objectives.
- Collaborating with CPE staff on course design and curriculum build.
- Facilitating student discussions.
- Providing office hours for students.
- Delivering in-progress feedback to learners.
- Grading assignments and assessments.
- Keeping course curriculum and materials updated and relevant.
- Revising academic documentation regularly in response to industry and student feedback.
- Attending scheduled instructor/advisory board meetings.
- Partnering in marketing efforts - this may include joining an information session, recording a spotlight video or sharing program courses through social media.
- Completing all required UC Davis trainings
- Responsibilities may also include developing course curriculum, and creating and/or curating course materials.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Subject matter expertise.
- Teaching or training experience with an adult professional population.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Passion for teaching adult learners and motivated by student success.
- Capacity to deliver materials and teach as contracted.
- Ability to communicate professionally with internal staff, students, fellow instructors and industry.
About the Company
For more than 60 years, CPE has blended the distinctive academic expertise of UC Davis with practical training that immediately improves learner capability and job performance. This “Career Curriculum” supports working professionals as they refresh and expand job skills over the course of their careers.
UC Davis CPE courses are offered in a variety of formats, including in-person, hybrid and online. With 48,000 annual enrollments in professional, academic and enrichment courses, and more than 2 million enrollments on Coursera, UC Davis CPE serves lifelong learners in the growing Sacramento region, all 50 states and more than 100 countries.
- Contact: Frances Lessman
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://cpe.ucdavis.edu/section/data-preparation-modeling-and-visualization-python