The Glove Source, Inc.
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Job TitlePython/SQL Developer
We are looking for a mid-level IT resource with a blend of business and data analysis, project leadership, and software design/development experience in a Python and Microsoft SQL environment. In this role, this person will work closely with all levels and functional areas and implement custom software solutions that drive data standards and process efficiencies at a dynamic international consumer products company. The ideal candidate will have practical and real world experience delivering IT solutions, a solid business sense, be able to think creatively, and have a high-energy, and can-do attitude.
Company offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package and an opportunity to have a fundamental impact on, and grow within a successful mid-sized business environment. This company designs and manufactures cold weather gloves and accessories and is conveniently located close to Baltimore, Annapolis, and Washington D.C.
- Lead all aspects of the project life-cycle, including: Identification of business needs and gaps, defining business requirements, solution design, software development, and project delivery.
- Maintain and innovate in an IT environment comprising of python, Django, Tableau, and SQL Server technologies.
- Support server and virtual server (Hyper-V) environment and ensure appropriate data and network security and fail-over.
- Develop and maintain moderately complex Business Intelligence capabilities in Tableau and data warehouse reporting technologies.
- Develop and maintain process and data integration (ETL) between The Glove Source headquarters, factories, Customers, and Vendors.
- Support end-to-end business functions including manufacturing, order management, logistics, warehouse management, EDI, and accounting.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, or a Bachelor’s Degree in a business related discipline along with IT certifications and practical experience in required technologies.
- 10+ years in a Team Leadership role in a dynamic IT environment.
- 5+ years working with MS SQL Server in software development and administrative roles.
- 3+ years of Python software development and delivery
- 3+ years of Django web application development.
- Good business sense and comfortable performing in both IT and business leadership roles.
- Project Management experience in Agile (preferred) and/or Waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize workload and act calmly and competently to time-sensitive technical and non-technical challenges.
- Bonuses Experience with SSIS Deploying web applications with IIS and Django
- Knowledge of Microsoft Hyper-V environments
- Tableau Server Reporting and Tableau Data Prep Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise PMP or other project management certifications