Software Engineering Lead (US-Based Remote)
Elligo Health Research
Austin, Texas, United States
Job TitleSoftware Engineering Lead (US-Based Remote)
This is a 100% remote position.
The Software Engineering Lead role is responsible for technical leadership for a large scrum team and full stack development on the Root Health patient engagement platform. The lead is also a key individual contributor on the team. The Root Health platform leverages an AI Virtual Assistant which uses automation to streamline and accelerate clinical research. This fast-moving team works with conversational AI, a microservices architecture, and quick release cycles to build an industry-leading product. This role is a core member of our Agile software development team building technical solutions for requirements spanning front-end and back-end components. We have an aggressive roadmap for the platform as we seek to expand Elligo’s patient registry.
- Development – Design and build solutions for the platform for a select set of user stories and architecture needs.
- Lead – Lead the design of technical solutions, assessing changes, risks, and feasibility of potential features. Collaborate with product managers on design options. Drive the team to implement final designs.
- Mentor – Leverage experience to provide technical guidance and support to software engineers.
- Production Support – Serve as technical expert for resolution of key platform and infrastructure issues in a timely manner.
- Agility – Move quickly and deliver results within a fast paced, agile software development environment.
- Collaborate – Work effectively with a distributed team of software engineers, product managers, QA engineers, and UX design team members.
- Quality – Drive strong coding guidelines, write and execute unit tests, and conduct detailed peer code reviews.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent job experience.
- 5+ years experience as full stack software engineer, developing and supporting web applications.
- 2+ years experience as a technical lead or mentor driving teams of engineers.
- Solid understanding of computer science, software engineering, algorithms, architectures, and common design patterns with the ability to implement them in production-quality systems.
- SQL experience, query optimization and database schema design.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team.
- Ability to work independently in a self-motivated manner. Preferred
- Strong design-thinking product mindset with a particular focus on solving user needs.
- Knowledge of AWS services, including EKS, EC2, S3, Lambda and SQS/SNS.
- Experience ingesting, storing, validating and transforming data in a consumable format.
- Conversational AI experience a plus.
- Prior Healthcare related experience a plus.
- Agile software development experience a plus.
About the Company
Founded in 2016 and expanded in 2020 with the acquisition of Root Healthcare and ClinEdge, Elligo Health Research® accelerates the development of new pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device and diagnostic products using our eSolutions Research Accelerator, ClinEdge Research Practice Management programs, and IntElligo technology — all to maintain the trusted patient and physician relationship and provide greater data integrity.
As the ultimate healthcare-enabling research organization, it is our mission to provide everyone with easy access to clinical research as care. To accomplish this mission, we maintain the integrity of the trusted patient and healthcare physician relationship, build local healthcare communities, and leverage electronic health records to bring clinical research as care to more patients.
- Contact: John O'Donnell
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://j.brt.mv/PortalViewRequirement.do?reqGK=27669504