Expert Data Engineer from Spain, Poland, Bulgaria or Romania
Remote, Remote, Spain, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania
Job TitleExpert Data Engineer from Spain, Poland, Bulgaria or Romania
Our client is an exciting tech company and a sports betting provider in Germany and globally. Our mission is to electrify the sports betting experience for every customer, every bet. is a product organization at its core.
All of the client's functions are aligned toward delivering the best end-to-end product experience to customers. Product and technology teams work hand-in-hand to advance the development of clients’ products and services.
The team works together with a great deal of decision-making freedom, and a high degree of flexibility in a network of agile teams.
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
Location: Spain, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania.
- Responsible for the building, deployment, and maintenance of mission-critical analytics solutions that process data quickly at big data scales
- Contributes design, code, configurations, and documentation for components that manage data ingestion, real-time streaming, batch processing, data extraction, transformation, and loading across multiple data storages.
- Owns one or more key components of the infrastructure and works to continually improve it, identifying gaps and improving the platform’s quality, robustness, maintainability, and speed.
- Cross-trains other team members on technologies being developed, while also continuously learning new technologies from other team members.
- Interacts with engineering teams and ensures that solutions meet customer requirements in terms of functionality, performance, availability, scalability, and reliability.
- Performs development, QA, and dev-ops roles as needed to ensure total end-to-end responsibility of solutions.
- Works directly with business analysts and data scientists to understand and support their use cases
- Contribute to CoE activities and community building, participate in conferences, and provide excellence in exercise and best practices.
- Help in sales activities, customer meetings, and digital services.
- 5+ years of experience coding in Python and SQL, with solid CS fundamentals including data structure and algorithm design;
- Experience with large-scale production databases and SQL;
- Time-series/analytics databases, preferably Elasticsearch or OpenSearch;
- Experience either with: ETL: Experience with ETL development (extractions, data load, aggregation, ideally experience with Talend). or/and Real-time engineering: Hands-on implementation experience/ familiarity working with a combination of the following technologies: Hadoop, NIFI, Kafka, Spark, and Hudi;
- 2+ years of experience in cloud data platforms - AWS: S3, Athena, EC2, Redshift, EMR, and Lambda;
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes;
- Knowledge of SQL and MPP databases (e.g. Vertica, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data);
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software;
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing, design, implementation, and optimization;
- Knowledge of Data Quality testing, automation, and results in visualization;
- Knowledge of BI reports and dashboards design and implementation;
- Knowledge of development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team, e.g. SCRUM;
- Experience designing, documenting, and defending designs for key components in large distributed computing systems;
- A consistent track record of delivering exceptionally high-quality software on large, complex, cross-functional projects;
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently;
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering from a top CS program required Masters preferred;
- Experience with supporting data scientists and complex statistical use cases is highly desirable.
Nice to have
- Experience with Airflow
- Coding experience with Java/Scala
- Familiarity with Apache Hudi
- Collaborative, willing to help, talkative, able to clearly express and discuss ideas
- Curious mind and willingness to work with clients in a consultative manner to find areas to improve;
- Upper-Intermediate or Advanced English;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good team player motivated to develop and solve complex tasks;
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, and result-oriented;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.