Remote Senior Python/Django Engineer
Remote, Remote, United States
Job TitleRemote Senior Python/Django Engineer
Job Description: Roles & Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer, you will have a pivotal role in shaping the leave experience by designing and building the underlying infrastructure that powers our leave platform. You will work with product managers, designers, and other software engineers to vet new features and functionality on the platform.
Responsibilities will include:
- Defining the future of our core platform and infrastructure
- Actively participating throughout the product life cycle - from idea generation, design, prototyping to execution and shipping
- Collaborating closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers to build a better user experience
- Collectively owning the codebase, service reliability, and platform availability
- Being a steward of privacy by design and software quality principles
Things you will be held accountable for:
- You collaborate with team members to execute team commitments by actively working to progress others
- You problem solve in areas of the codebase that do not align to your expertise
- You care deeply about solving the real-world problems people face when going on leave
- You are self motivated and open to jumping right in to help us figure things out (aka - we’re looking for you to help us build things!)
- You are a comfortable using a lot of systems at once, and have the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- You are fearlessly flexible, curious and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and help drive to more clarity
This position is a full-time remote role reporting to the Engineering Lead with an annual salary of $160,000-$190,000K plus stock options, because we believe everyone should have some stake in our business. We are people-first (this ain’t some PR jazz, we truly give a damn about our work family) so in addition to a robust suite of benefits, we offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for all employees with fully paid premiums. You must be authorized to work in the US.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
You’re a great fit if you have:
- Ideally 7+ years of experience designing, building, scaling and maintaining production software and systems.
- Experience building scalable production applications using Python and React or similar technologies.
- An enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience operating cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
- Excellent communication/writing skills.
- The ability to work independently and communicate effectively over phone or video conference.
- GitHub, AWS or equivalent cloud experience
- Passion for system design, data models, the absence management market space, customer focus and crafting solutions
- RESTful API
- Docker, Kubernetes, SaaS
- Experience conducting Technical Interviews
About the Company
- Health & Family First
- You balance work and personal life effectively
- You get things done at a pace consistent with the business needs
- You show up and are reliable
Autonomy + Team. Always
- You are focused on scale and building - you understand that pace is equally as important as quality
- You work well with others - using active listening and respecting opinions that differ from your own
- You actively participate in team ceremonies and discussions
- You keep others informed of your priorities and accomplishment
- When you don’t know, you ask for help
- You keep up-to-date on the latest trends in your field
- You enjoy helping others grow and building lasting relationships
Love Our Customers
- You show empathy and compassion; you strive to meet people where they are to offer maximum support
- You understand that customers can be both internal and external to the company
- You’re not afraid to work without clear direction
- You like working together with others to help define the path forward for yourself and the team
We celebrate and support our differences and believe in the power of equality, which is why we are an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications related to their professional competence. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law. We comply with all applicable national, state, and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
- Contact: Devwon Brice
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.loxo.co/job/65kmlpb7guk178u9?t=1654003749