Senior Python Software Developer
CPI Card Group
Norwich, United Kingdom
Job TitleSenior Python Software Developer
CPI is a leading provider in payment card production and related services with a global presence, offering a single source for credit, debit and prepaid debit cards including EMV chip, personalisation, instant issuance, fulfilment and mobile payment services.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Python software developer to join our Agile team, developing new web and mobile services to deliver cards in exciting and innovative ways, using the latest platforms and technologies. The team is currently going through a growth period due to their contributions to and key position in the company’s long-term Digital vision.
This role would be fully remote, however you would need to be based in the UK. In addition there would be occasional meetups in Norwich, Norfolk.
Responsibilities would include:
- Develop new and enhance existing in-house solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Ability to work well in a small team, contributing to discussions and product decisions
- Deploy software to production or test environments in line with deployment procedures
- Utilize software engineering fundamentals and industry best practices, including analysis and design concepts, data modelling and implementation patterns to deliver software components.
- Identify and fix code defects if found in production or test environments
- Keep on top of new development tools or language improvements to ensure products are up-to-date
- Liaise with product owners to help with scheduling work and raising concerns with project deliverables
If you have any questions about the role, please email me, or apply through the website via the link included in this ad.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 3+ years software development experience using Python
- Familiarity with AWS (e.g. EC2, S3, Lambda)
- Web Services/JSON APIs
- Infrastructure as Code/Terraform
- Agile/Scrum experience
About the Company
CPI Card Group® is a payment technology company and leading provider of credit, debit and prepaid solutions delivered physically, digitally and on-demand. CPI helps our customers foster connections and build their brands through innovative and reliable solutions, including financial payment cards, personalization and fulfillment, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) instant issuance. CPI has more than 20 years of experience in the payments market and is a trusted partner to financial institutions and payments services providers. Serving customers from locations throughout the United States, CPI has a large network of high security facilities, each of which is certified by one or more of the payment brands: Visa, Mastercard®, American Express and Discover®. Learn more at www.cpicardgroup.com.
The health and safety of our employees continues to be a top priority at CPI Card Group as we face the challenges associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Across our production and fulfillment facilities we have implemented procedures such as enhanced cleaning, daily temperature checks, social distancing measures, and required face masks for all individuals onsite in our facilities. We also continue to monitor federal, state and local health and safety guidelines and requirements to adjust our procedures as necessary. These are just a few examples of our commitment to the safety and health of our workplaces.
CPI is an EEO Employer. A complete background is contingent upon hire
- Contact: Natalie Crowe-Lord
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://careersuk-cpicardgroup.icims.com/jobs/7389/software-developer-iii/job