Business & Insights Analyst
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Job TitleBusiness & Insights Analyst
Manages, analyzes and develops strategic business and program solutions and recommendations from output and results produced by predictive modeling and advanced data sciences. Analyzes statistical models (e.g. customer acquisition, cross-sell), campaign analyses (real-time and back-end), mission-critical business and ad hoc quantitative analyses using a combination of analytical tools. Contributes to the business bottom-line and places great emphasis on applying analysis and customer knowledge to grow Synovus shareholder value. Plays a critical role in the Synovus future digital engagement, cross-sell, retention and market expansion programs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies areas of business growth potential using analytics, database and model knowledge, and proposes and executes blueprint for improvement (e.g. how to tailor communications to customers at point of sale or digital channels). Develops and analyzes revenue growth program hypotheses jointly conceived by the data science team and line-of-business leaders.
- Works with statisticians and database analysts to translate hypotheses into database queries, analyze and transform consumer results into actionable programs to help grow the business. * Provides profitability analysis and strategic recommendations for improvements of future acquisition programs and product development. Writes business presentations and communicates ideas.
- Develops, analyzes, and executes new business opportunities (e.g. marketing programs) using data science team's AI and machine learning results. Remains aware of business issues, needs, priorities and current information technology data sources and mining tools, industry use of advanced analytical techniques to provide an ongoing competitive advantage to the business.
- Works with team members in recommending appropriate modeling techniques and assists in communicating strengths and weaknesses of the various approaches to business lines and model owners. Provides input and assists with developing recommendations for opportunities to implement models and for further model development.
- Manages, analyzes, and assesses the business implications of predictive campaign targeting and statistical models that increase company revenues, gain market share, improve customer experience and optimize specific customer marketing segments and outreach channels.
- Provides quantitative and qualitative reporting and analysis for data-driven business decisions, and value-added actionable recommendations to improve the model efficacy and business programs. Summarizes key findings and tells the story from the analysis. Coordinates with cross-functional teams to determine sources of data for creating models and evaluating results.
- Documents models and quantifies impacts on business programs in collaboration with key stakeholders and other cross-functional teams. Validates predictive models and develops recommendations to support customer contact strategies including marketing and retention, and improve ROI and customer experience.
- Produces actionable reports showing key performance indicators, analyzing root causes of problems, and addressing business questions.
- Develops innovations to enhance data processing efficiency for model development. Uses analytics and metrics to recommend and implement improvements to internal processes. Maintains thorough documentation for all processes. Supports other initiatives and activities that positively impact the bottom-line and further increases Synovus ROI. Develops and enforces data quality and assurance procedures.
- Remains current on business quantitative and modeling trends, techniques, tools and best practices. Identifies emerging trends in technology and analysis as opportunities for future business growth and development. Develops and designs executive level presentation formats, predictive model results and data analysis, and provide actionable recommendations.
- Manages multiple assignments simultaneously and completes assignments within established time frames. Keeps all facts straight and communicates key points succinctly.
- Leverages innovative approaches to design table structures to help develop predictive analytics. Enhances documentation around analysis of model outputs for key decisions.
- Uses advanced analytical tools to interact directly with multiple internal and external database systems to assess data and prototype queries for use by the data science team, and in reporting and automation.
- Delivers analytic results and progress updates as documented in timelines negotiated with associates. Communicates results and provides business strategy recommendations for optimizing business performance.
- Works closely with the Analytics' data science team to identify location, structure, and function of data related to modeling projects. Tracks down programs, data sources and crafting queries to power programs. Assesses business needs and functions, converting them from objectives to data required for those objectives and DS solutions. Identifies competing priorities and finds productive common ground.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Bachelor's degree in Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics or a related quantitative discipline and/or business or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum Experience:
Five years of hands-on project management, analysis, documentation, and analyzing model results experience; model validation and management interaction experience. managing customer database marketing, customer segmentation and advanced statistical profiling and modeling projects; experience in key B to C or B to B programs, application of statistical techniques, modeling tools, data programming, technical experience in consumer data and customer marketing database technology.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of model development including model design, documentation and implementation
- Knowledge and understanding of statistics for hypothesis testing.
- Data visualization, dashboarding, and presentation skills with ability to translate outcomes into business opportunities
- Proficiency slicing and dicing data, and power analytical and modeling processes
- High degree of understanding of R, Python, or SAS
- Proficiency using SQL and extracting data from relational databases
- Skills in system analysis, project management, data mining, strategic system planning, problem solving and database implementation
- Strong problem solving and innovative analytical skills with ability to work independently and in team environment.
- Professional technical writing skills for documenting analytical results and processes
- Skill in engaging non-technical clients, understanding business needs and opportunities, and communicating in a clear and concise manner
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software products with advanced proficiency using Excel and Visual Basic.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Masters degree in a Statistics, Business, quantitative, Computer Science and/or business field
- Database administration, data architecture, program management experience
- GitHub/TFS/version controlling experience
- Hands-on Statistical Modeling, Power BI, data visualization, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence skills
- Job related experience in the financial services industry
- Banking industry knowledge
About the Company
Our humble beginnings date back to a Georgia textile mill and a simple act of kindness. One day, a worker’s hard-earned savings spilled from the hem of her dress after it became entangled in factory machinery. Taking notice, an executive offered to secure her money in the company vault and pay her interest—a service soon extended to all workers at the mill in 1888. Their deposits marked the beginning of the company that would become Synovus.
From helping businesses across three different centuries to financing modern corporate expansions to cheering for the hometown football team every Friday night, we’ve always been proud to be part of our community. It’s why we smile when we see our customers in any of our locations across the Southeast—from major cities to the main-street hometowns. This is where we belong.
- Contact: Catherine Warrington
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://careers.synovus.com/us/en/job/20270/Business-Insights-Analyst-Remote