Senior Application Developer (Full-stack)
Washington, DC, United States
Job TitleSenior Application Developer (Full-stack)
Georgetown University’s School of Continuing Studies (SCS) seeks a senior full-stack python developer to join our growing Digital Team. Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer (CDO), the Senior Application Developer supports the next phase of SCS’s digital strategy through the development of leading-edge python and Django web applications that will drive and scale our digital marketing and recruitment capabilities, and integrate our systems into a seamless platform providing world-class digital experiences, intelligent automation, robust integrations, and breakthrough analytics. This is a teleworking role with on-site opportunities.
The Senior Application Developer is an expert in using Python and Django to develop innovative solutions, and proven skills in the design/architecture, development, configuration, and administration of dynamic, data-driven python/Django applications, and has a strong knowledge of best practices for Django application design and development.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and a minimum of 5 years of related technical experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as a full-stack engineer developing mobile-responsive web applications using python and Django
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining API platforms (REST or web services)
- Demonstrated experience with test-driven development frameworks and code-deployment best practices and technologies
- Experience with Linux system administration, and basic Apache webserver configuration
- Experience working in an agile environment (daily standups, accountability for own tasks, talking to a business owner)
- Experience shipping production-quality code
- Experience with federated authentication (OAuth or SAML)
- Fluent with industry-standard software products, with the ability to rapidly acquire skills in new products as needed
- Proficient with Subversion and/or Git
- Ability to independently organize work, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong service orientation with a keen attention to detail
- Experience working within academia or an educational technology setting
- Experience integrating python apps with Salesforce APIs
- DevOps experience
- Solid communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
About the Company
Georgetown’s School of Continuing Studies (SCS) seeks to foster a collaborative, innovative, and student-first culture shaped by Georgetown’s Jesuit heritage and values. We endeavor to be a center of innovation and growth within the University by introducing academic programs that respond to emerging and evolving needs in the economy and society. When you join our team at SCS, you become part of a thriving ecosystem of staff and faculty committed to inspiring students to seek something greater in their lives and careers.