Senior Fullstack Developer
Remote, Anywhere, Worldwide
Job TitleSenior Fullstack Developer
Collabora is looking for Fullstack Web Application Developers to join our internal Tools team.
The Tools team develops and supports applications used by our colleagues to execute, analyse and inform the delivery of projects in every area of the business. We want to build the future of business automation in the free software domain.
As a Senior Fullstack Developer you will be working closely with other Tools Developers, users, Product Owners, the Delivery Team and People Leads to give them the tooling they need to support and protect the unique way in which Collabora works.
You will need to be a specialist in building secure, well-tested web applications using Django, make sensible choices about UI and know how to get things deployed.
You'll be able to capture, simplify and model real-world processes and structures, and keep those models updated as requirements evolve.
You will know how to reverse engineer and fix things you haven't seen before, and you will know how to make slow things go fast.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
You will be patient and pragmatic, careful and caring, and will take seriously the team's mission to maximise:
- Engineers' freedom to work on things at which they are excellent
- Our colleagues' headspace for personal development and learning
- The role of open source in all business operations
- The richness of everybody's cultural experience within Collabora
In return, the business will provide:
- An open engineering culture where you will be able to exchange ideas with technical experts in a wide range of software fields
- Meetups and conference attendance (COVID permitting)
- Flexible hours and a battle-tested remote working culture
If you care about open source and writing software to help companies regain control of their operations, then please apply!
- Experience designing and implementing web architectures, and configuring their components (e.g. NGinx, Redis)
- Willingness to support and mentor other engineers
- Experience solving challenges with observability and diagnostics
- A respectful and pragmatic approach to providing technical support to users
- A solid grounding in Linux system administration and networking concepts
- Good English proficiency
- Familiarity with container-based working, e.g. Docker or Podman, Kubernetes
- Experience using, maintaining and designing CI and other DevOps processes
- Experience with database schema design and optimisation
- Willingness to occasionally do some PHP even if through gritted teeth
- Demonstrable technical writing skills (documentation, blogs)
- Knowledge of security- and privacy-by-design principles
About the Company
Collabora is a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face.
Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio
- Contact: Ben Toynton
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://jobs.lever.co/collabora/d724930d-ce73-4415-ac7e-a3ef275db155