Remote Senior Python Developer.
Raisin: The Natural Wine & Food Lovers App.
Paris (or anywhere else), France
Job TitleRemote Senior Python Developer.
For the past 6 years, design and specs have been created internally and then put in motion by contractors, outside the company. In order to control and increase the quality of the app and our upcoming features, we think it’s time we hire our own Senior Python developer. A skilled and experienced profile to get the best of both worlds: in-house development management & outsourced development flexibility.
➜ ABOUT THE ROLE:
The team currently consists of 3 Python developers, 1 Swift (iOS) and 1 Java (Android) developer, 1 IT and 1 front end-developer and a project manager. We plan on expanding across multiple products in the future and we are looking for a Senior Python developer to build functional and efficient server-side applications.
Senior Python Developer responsibilities include participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle and coaching contractors and junior developers. If you’re a seasoned developer with a love for back-end technologies and natural wine, we’d like to meet you! Your ultimate goal is to create high-quality products that meet customer needs.
➜ YOUR GOALS:
- Appropriate the application code and initiate a transition to a test-driven development framework.
- Grow and support our team of developers. You will be responsible for setting them up for success while coaching and providing guidance along the way.
- Expand and reorganise the team and its processes as context changes. You will ensure that tooling and workflows are appropriate.
- Help plan each work cycle internally by setting-up a scrum process, reviewing priorities, availability, and optimal matching of people to projects. You will frequently share updates, so that everyone is aware of what’s going on behind the scenes.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other functions (like infrastructure, support, product management) to build the best product and experience for the natural wine and food lovers community.
- Seeding the ground for an entire refactoring of the application.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 3 - 6+ Years’ Experience in Python Development
- Advanced with Python frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Bottle)
- Advanced experience in Postgres (or similar)
- Proficient with Microservices
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and REST API
- Attention to detail
- Leadership skills
About the Company
We love natural wine for its taste, and we also deeply appreciate it for its respect of terroir, the environment, and the people behind it. Furthermore, we’ve found that natural wine happens to be a key indicator of where to find local, seasonal, organic, quality, and responsible products that appeal to an ever increasing number of consumers, who want good wine and food without additives.
As natural wine is neither a label nor a certification, finding such a unique product and being certain that it meets this standard can be a struggle. Raisin is the natural wine website and app that steps in and recommends an index of over 5,400 natural wine establishments and 2,300 natural winemakers, all which are analyzed by our team to guarantee that users can find natural wine all around the world.
Raisin is interactive for both users and professionals alike, while also bringing together a community who supports a rapidly growing and important movement which is without a doubt, the future of wine!