Lead Statistical Analyst & Model Manager
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Job TitleLead Statistical Analyst & Model Manager
JOB SUMMARY The Lead Statistical Analyst & Model Manager is a member of the Data Analytic Services team and is responsible for the development and maintenance of complex statistical models that are used across the Global Mortgage Group. The incumbent will work either as a solo performer or part of a team to complete tasks. The incumbent operates under general guidance from leadership and has latitude to choose the most effective methods to obtain results.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Extract data from company databases or other sources using query and programming languages, and performs reconciliations to ensure accuracy. Implements changes where necessary.
- Analyze large and highly complex datasets to reveal trends and to determine impact.
- Assess and determine the appropriate modeling technique to use for the particular project being worked on.
- Autonomously structure project plans for model builds and understand inter-dependency of steps
- Select features to be used in development of statistical models.
- Use features to develop statistical models that are leveraged in production by Actuarial, Pricing and Structured Transaction teams.
- Produce exhibits to support analytic approaches used and to demonstrate that models have been built in line with best practices.
- Explains modeling/analytical efforts to external and internal stakeholders, including senior leadership, rating agencies, auditors, and regulators.
- Document models that are approved to be used in production.
- Provide guidance to junior members of the time on appropriate statistical modeling approaches to use on analytic tasks
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced proficiency in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, GLM, and other machine learning techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning tools/languages (e.g. SAS, R, Python) .
- Advanced knowledge of querying tools/languages (e.g. SQL, SAS, Python) and basic programming concepts and principles.
- Experience with cloud computing services (e.g. Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services) and associated large-scale data analytics (e.g. Databricks, Apache Spark) is desirable.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel; able to convert raw data into meaningful formats for analysis.
- Detail-oriented with deep analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with internal and external contacts.
Education & Experience:
Required knowledge and skills would typically be acquired through a Master’s degree or PhD and/or a minimum of 5-7 years job-related experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Normal office environment.
- Travel of up to 10% may be required.
Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
About the Company
About Our Company
Arch Mortgage Insurance Company is the flagship U.S.-based mortgage insurer of Arch Capital Group Ltd., a leading insurance and reinsurance company operating through its subsidiaries worldwide. Based in Greensboro, North Carolina, our company is committed to our employees and our customers. Our Total Rewards package offers competitive pay and valuable benefits. Plus you’ll have access to a variety of programs supporting your professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth.
- Contact: Andrea Moore
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://careers-arch.icims.com/jobs/5474/lead-statistical-analyst-%26-model-manager/job?mode=view