Senior Engineer - Back-end (Python)
Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Remote, France, Spain, Germany, Remote
Job TitleSenior Engineer - Back-end (Python)
Luko is the fastest growing Insurance in Europe and France’s #1 Neo Insurance.
Today, Luko's mission seems obvious: to transform insurance from an industry perceived as a necessary evil to a service that truly protects.
Beyond the protection of individuals, insurance must serve society. It should be an ally to the planet and to its environmental issues.
We believe that insurance must be simple, transparent and useful.
In 5 years, we have convinced over 300,000 users to trust us. We are backed by some of the most incredible VCs (EQT Ventures, Accel, Founders Fund, Speed Invest, Xavier Niel, etc.) and raised more than 70M€ in Series A & B.
We are a team of 200+ ambitious & creative talents eager to reinvent an entire industry. We are looking for other impact-driven talents to scale Luko across Europe. We are committed to equal access to employment, inclusion and diversity within the teams.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Your mission in the team: Luko's mission is to protect homes while providing the best user experience. You will be in charge of that mission by working on our insurance and partner services.
By joining our back-end team as a Senior Engineer, you will make an impact by:
- Designing and building high-quality and scalable software services
- Helping and coaching other back-end engineers
- Having full ownership of your work from design to operations
- Collaborating with other senior engineers in finding the most pragmatic solutions to the problems at hand
- Taking active part in various discussions in the BE guild
Being a happy Lukoum :-)! We have huge ambitions and we rely on you to help us make a difference for our users thanks to your technical knowledge and experience. 💪 We are very proud of the speed of execution at Luko. It is a key to our success and we count on you to pursue this through rigour and creativity.
Here are the back-end technologies we use - Python3, Flask, SQLAlchemy, AWS, Lambda, ElasticBeanstalk, Zappa, S3, MySQL, InfluxDB, Gitlab, CI-CD, Docker
Who are you?
- You have 5+ years of experience in building scalable back-end systems with the DevOps culture in mind
- You are an expert in Python 3 with broad experience using different frameworks, especially those that are in use at Luko ☝🏽
- You have experience building scalable systems and you are at home with designing and building micro-services.
- You have knowledge of the code quality best practices (tests, continuous deployment, …)
- You are pragmatic, open-minded, autonomous and able to get others along with you.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English
About the Company
Recruitment process : Do you have an active presence on GitHub? Have you done a home assignment using the technologies we need in the past 6 months? You can share those with your application. This could save you time by removing some steps from the process. We will let you know.
- Technical quiz (30-40 min)
- Introductory call with our Talent Acquisition Manager
- Hiring manager interview
- Technical test at home (3-4 hours) and debrief
- Team-fit interview
What we offer: - Be part of the fastest growing InsurTech in Europe - Be part of the #1 French scale-up to work for in terms of well-being - Join an engineering team that makes impact every day (Engineering Principles) - Grow in a stimulating and challenging environment - Share and learn with a passionate and diverse team - Remote friendly (see our No Border Policy) - Friendly team and offices in Paris and Madrid - Nice perks (meal vouchers, unlimited days off, mental health support with Moka.care etc.)
You’ve read all the way, you may as well apply!
- Contact: Alison
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://careers.luko.eu/jobs/1225443-senior-engineer-back-end-python?promotion=392382-trackable-share-link-bepythonorg