Senior Software Engineer, Data
Remote, United States
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer, Data
As a Senior Data Engineer with Beyond, you will have the opportunity to build the next evolution of our SaaS-based product as well as work on new products. Because you will be working with a successful team that is completely remote, excellent coding and communication skills are key. This is a great opportunity for someone to work closely with the entire product life cycle from concept to go-to-market! If you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and jumping in, then read on!
Beyond's Engineering team believes in:
- Reducing scope - The best way to control progress and test hypotheses is to prevent scope creep
- Shipping early - The best way to learn early is to ship early. No need to be perfect
- Iterating and improving - Once we get the feedback we need, we iterate and improve
- Taking ownership - The code we ship is our responsibility as we know it best
- Delivering value - By focussing on providing the best customer experience, we improve acquisition and retention and drive revenue
- As our Senior Data Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with your peers from product, design, and engineering on a cross-functional, outcome-based team to craft and deliver on OKRs
- Helping drive your team through large projects autonomously, while continuously assessing and communicating progress and iterating on solutions
- Collaborating and recommending architectural solutions, while understanding and explaining trade-offs around time to market, structural and functional quality, security, maintainability, resources, and scope
- Supporting and maintaining the existing code baseline and products
- Exercising and improving Beyond’s engineering practices such as refactoring, pairing, code reviews, collective code ownership, containers, IaC, CI/CD, observability
- Collaboration with the Data Science and Revenue Management teams to code their models into production-ready software
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? The person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Curious - You are driven to understand how things work or why they don't. You are interested in finding out how your work impacts our customers and the world they live in.
- Collaborative - You enjoy exploring and committing as a team, you welcome others' ideas, and you value teamwork and team decision-making over being right and having things going your way.
- Result-oriented - You manage the trade-offs between speed and quality and are able to find the right balance. You would rather ship, measure, learn and iterate, than coding the perfect component on the first try.
- Resilient - You can adapt and roll up your sleeves to help others. You operate at a stable pace with visibility most of the time and you are ready to embrace change when it happens.
Now that we've told you what the job looks like, here are the qualifications we're looking for in a candidate:
- 5+ years of experience building services in a multi-tenant environment
- Expertise in Python, SQL, Postgres, pandas, scipy, scikit-learn, statsmodel
- Demonstrated ability to translate high-level requirements and Data Science models into production-ready software
- A predisposition for a fast-paced environment where we put an emphasis on delivering value for our customers, while learning, growing, and experimenting
About the Company
Here at Beyond, we are passionate about helping short-term rental owners and managers be successful. Backed by the world-class Bessemer Venture Partners, we have grown from a bootstrapped company of a few to the market leader in our category. We attribute our success to our belief that the people are the most important part of a business and our commitment to being a fantastic place to work.
- Contact: Brooke Colbert
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://jobs.lever.co/beyondpricing/59f7d1d5-13fb-4f6a-8c05-9f399cfe8327