Operations Engineer - LATAM
BMAT Music Innovators
LATAM timezone, LATAM timezone
Job TitleOperations Engineer - LATAM
What You Will Be Doing
You will work at the intersection between the Operations team, who are in daily contact with our customers, and the Engineering team, who plan and execute large scale developments.
On the operations side, you are expected to perform a transversal role, translating customers’ needs into technical specifications and vice versa.
As for engineering, your responsibilities range from extracting concrete information from our databases over resolving issues reported by the operations team up to developing tools in order to scale repeated tasks.
- No telecommuting
- Agencies are OK
All About You
- You know Python and a bit of Django and you are eager to get better.
- You have an instinct for listening, asking, understanding and communicating.
- You are comfortable querying SQL and NoSQL.
- Some experience with docker and elasticsearch will help you solve some tasks faster.
- You get the most out of your time when working in a team.
- Bash knowledge can convert complicated tasks to one liners.
- You think uncertainty creates opportunity rather than stress.
- You have used AWS and know some of its core components.
- Starting a debugger is the first thing that comes to mind when tackling a bug.
- DRY principles are important to you.
- Refactoring doesn't scare you.
Proficient/native level of English
About the Company
Who the FAQ are BMAT
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. We’re now over 160 people, spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, London, Paris, Nairobi, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Singapore, Tokyo, Manila, Bangkok and Lagos.
We’re a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for innovative technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.
Join us from wherever you are on our mission to help make music live forever.
We say there’s a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately). Our way of being is always sprinkled with transparency, perseverance, flexibility, open-mindedness and trustworthiness.