Mid to Senior Software Engineer (remote)
Tampa, FL, US
Job TitleMid to Senior Software Engineer (remote)
AspirEDU is hiring intermediate to senior Software Engineers to contribute to each phase of the software development lifecycle to continue to support our clients keep their 700,000 students successful in school.
Our current major technical challenges:
- Evaluating and improving data ingestion processes.
- Improving observability within the entire technical stack.
- Improving infrastructure scalability and efficiency.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Your responsibilities would include:
- Creating robust, tested solutions to meet our clients’ needs and the needs of the business.
- Effectively communicate with the Client Services team to investigate, diagnose and triage issues.
- Identify and balance opportunities for improvement with feature development.
- Advocate for high quality software development processes.
Qualities we are looking for include:
- Effective technical communication
- Time and task management
Technologies & skills we need you to have solid experience and be comfortable with:
- Django web framework
- Celery or similar framework
- Unittest, PyTest or similar framework
- Domain modelling
- System design
We also use the following, please let us know if you have experience in them:
- PostgreSQL - Query optimization
- React and Redux
- Django Rest Framework
- GraphQL - Apollo in JS, Graphene in Python
- Learning Tools Interoperability
- Heroku platform
- GitHub Actions
About the Company
AspirEDU helps schools identify students who are falling behind and alerts the student advisors. This allows schools to intercede and keep students engaged and on track. Clients have seen retention rates, which is the percentage of students staying in school instead of dropping out, rise due to using our system.
AspirEDU's goal is to strive for permanence and stability. To build and sustain our reputation through honesty. This is achieved by each of us having a sense of ownership over the products and issues. With AspirEDU's small team size it's desirable for each of us to feel comfortable with and impassioned by the autonomy necessary to succeed.
The expectation is that our software simply works for our clients. There are high expectations for preventing downtime for our users. This is accomplished through communication, automated testing, measuring code coverage, code reviews, continuous integration and continuous delivery. We utilize Sentry for error monitoring, Papertrail for logging and ScoutAPM for performance monitoring. Our CI/CD process is managed through GitHub Actions. We utilize GitHub actions to track long term information and ZenHub to organize tickets into larger projects.