Software Engineer: systems, SDKs and tools for ML compute stack
Bristol or Cambridge, United Kingdom
Job TitleSoftware Engineer: systems, SDKs and tools for ML compute stack
We're hiring customer focused software engineers, working with C++ and Python, for significant projects embracing emerging ML compute technology.
As a vendor and platform provider, we offer the opportunity to help advance ML across all sectors - including research organisations, universities, technology vendors and enterprises - encountering a diversity of ecosystems and best practices. You'll empower others to develop new capabilities and accomplish things that were not previously possible, embracing emerging advances in machine intelligence.
We need you to help customers to define and validate how they adopt our compute products. Across the team we collaborate on a rich mix of analysis, debugging, design, coding, verification, integration, optimisation and technical support, collaborating with our accomplished domain experts and researchers. You will also build the SDK, tools and digital knowledge base that makes this process easier.
We offer a supportive and welcoming environment where you can learn and flourish. From day one you'll be contributing to important and interesting projects, underpinning the advanced ML community worldwide.
Your understanding of domains such as any of; embedded systems, scientific computing, numerical computation, network programming, systems development, high performance parallel programming, HPC, processors - or indeed AI/ML - is of particular relevance, and we can build upon this.
You could specialise quite deeply, or work more broadly. We could equally utilise your familiarity with developing software for data science stacks, or for MLOps or site reliability engineering.
We look forward to exploring where this may lead.
What you'll be doing:
- Interfacing between industry, customers, and our domain experts
- Building SDK's for a suite of products
- Custom tools, scripts, utilities for customers and partners
- Automating and simplifying how customers consume our technology
- Producing materials, tutorials and documentation for our knowledge base
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
We're looking for:
- Someone customer focused and solution oriented
- Adept at decoding complex situations, working collaboratively
- Strong coding skills, at the application or system layers - we use mainly C++ and Python
- Strong technical understanding of Linux or embedded systems
- Deep understanding of any of; AI/ML, Computing, Maths, Physics or Engineering - accrued in industry/research, or through formal education
- Clear desire to learn, to improve and to share knowledge with colleagues
We're working with and will help you learn:
C++ | Python | Keras | CUDA | OpenCL | PyTorch | TensorFlow
Salary and benefits:
- Compelling salary - talk with us about what you need
- Stock options in a high growth potential start-up
- Flexible and inclusive working environment - UK hours, work at the times that suit you
- Discretionary relocation assistance
- Optional four day week or part time working
- Flexible amount of holiday + UK national/public holidays
- 10% CPD time in your calendar, with supporting budget - in addition to the L&D of your role
- Matched personal pension | healthcare | life assurance | dental | health cash plan | income protection
About the Company
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from research and all sectors to expand human potential with technology. From day one you'll be contributing to important and interesting projects, at the forefront of the advanced ML community worldwide. We offer a supportive and inclusive environment, where you can learn and flourish. We're an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in the UK.
Location: central Bristol or central Cambridge, with discretionary remote working once up to speed
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Andrew at techfolk to find out more: +44 (0)117 318 2447 | hello[at]techfolk.co.uk | [at]andrew_techfolk
- Contact: Andrew Gifford
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.techfolk.co.uk/job/senior-software-engineer-74.aspx