Backend Engineer (Remote)
Remote, United States
Job TitleBackend Engineer (Remote)
How many Scoops of Django do you enjoy? Does writing a protobuf message excite you? Are you driven by high quality code, risk isolation, and fault tolerance? Great, keep reading.
We’re on the hunt for a talented Backend Engineer that will help transform the ancient world of specialty insurance with robust, distributed systems and clean, backend API architectures. We are converting prior monolith architectures to microservices and rapidly adding various system integrations as the product matures.
With customers in the UK and US, PolicyFly has grown quickly to become the market leader as a best-in-class platform for specialty insurers to transact and bind insurance worldwide. With decades of software engineering experience, PolicyFly has one of the most mature, robust engineering organizations in all of insurance.
Think you’re a good fit? Please apply, we’d love to chat!
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Expert in Python -- you should feel extremely comfortable with developing and maintaining scalable enterprise Python applications
- Experience with Go -- you may not have a ton of experience but have built a few apps and want to do a lot more Go!
- Strong knowledge of Linux, you should use Linux on as your primary OS
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Experience with PostgreSQL/MySQL
- Experience with gRPC and Protobuf a plus
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes or some other container orchestration system (Docker Swarm, etc) a plus
- Working knowledge of microservice architectures
- Working knowledge of CI/CD a plus
- Strong experience with composing unit and functional tests
- Strong experience with composing written documentation
- Good knowledge of composing software requirements in iterative development workflows
- Comfortable working remotely, overlapping EST by ~6+ hours per day (this generally means no further 'west' than MST, unless you are an early bird -- we are also open to Canada, Mexico and LATAM candidates but due to time zone and collaboration requirements, we are not able to accommodate other regions
- Competitive Salary w/ equity in a growing startup
- Small team of exceptional engineers + project managers
- Remote-first team
- Contact: Cory Crosland
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://jobs.lever.co/PolicyFly/2fa905ac-8ed5-44b3-a3e7-af1a7bad9c04?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Python.org