Python Backend Engineer
Barcelona (Remote), Spain
Job TitlePython Backend Engineer
What you'll be doing
In the Data team we want to have the most complete music metadata database in the world. As part of our team you will help in any stage: from integrating new sources, enhancing the entity reconciliations algorithms, creating data transformation pipelines, researching metadata matching processes, etc.
BMAT is connected to hundreds of data sources and we are in charge of ingesting and harmonizing all the musical content at our hands in order to make it available to the services and products that BMAT offers. We are looking for a team player, that loves dealing with tons of music metadata, to help us reach our goal faster, adding value to the team and creating cool stuff.
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
All About You
- Experience as a Software or Data Engineer
- Proficient in Python.
- Code with test coverage.
- Experience developing ETLs integrating data from different sources.
- Experience with entity reconciliation, data matching.
- Love digging into (music) data: understand it, find patterns, clean it, find value.
- Experience working with document-oriented databases (MongoDB, Elasticsearch).
- Linux and Git experience.
- Experience with software design life cycle and good practices (Code Reviews, Refactoring).
- Forecast software and infrastructure scalability issues and capacity to prevent them.
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- Proactive team player with high-quality awareness and independent working attitude.
- You value a DevOps culture.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Kafka/event-driven architectures.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Experience scaling platforms.
- Experience with HTTP APIs and frontend apps.
About the Company
That thing we do
We’re the Operating System for the Music Industry – a platform that pumps up the jam of every play.
We connect all players of the industry to amplify the value of music. Driven by machine learning and copyright expertise, our system pumps neutral data and authoritative knowledge to everyone along the chain. For those who make or use music, we allow them to plug in to our O.S. to ease operations, increase earnings, and get in sync with everyone else.
Who the FAQ are BMAT
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. We’re now over 160 people, spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, London, Paris, Nairobi, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Singapore, Tokyo, Manila, Bangkok and Lagos.
We’re a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for innovative technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.
Join us from wherever you are on our mission to help make music live forever.
We say there’s a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately). Our way of being is always sprinkled with transparency, perseverance, flexibility, open-mindedness and trustworthiness.