Senior Backend Engineer
Barcelona (Remote), Spain
Job TitleSenior Backend Engineer
What you'll be doing
BMAT is teaming up with a global music streaming service to revolutionize the way copyrights and royalties are handled in the online world. As we transition from discovery to an MVP phase, we're building an agile product team that can successfully execute this mission-critical project.
- Work in a small, agile and customer centric team on our new highly strategic product
- Be responsible for its development from a very early stage
- Understand our clients’ business logic and requirements and translate them to solid and future proof database and software design
- Leverage BMAT’s existing services and integrate them into our new product
- Declare the complexity of your tasks to the Product Manager and work together with her on a timeline to be shared with our clients
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
All about you
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Knowledge in MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB as database management systems
- Lucene and ElasticSearch are our text-search technologies
- Resolutive, creative and clear communication
- Think uncertainty creates opportunity rather than stress
- English: fully proficient or fluent
- Spanish/Catalan a plus
About the Company
That thing we do
We’re the Operating System for the Music Industry – a platform that pumps up the jam of every play.
We connect all players of the industry to amplify the value of music. Driven by machine learning and copyright expertise, our system pumps neutral data and authoritative knowledge to everyone along the chain. For those who make or use music, we allow them to plug in to our O.S. to ease operations, increase earnings, and get in sync with everyone else.
Who the FAQ are BMAT
BMAT started in 2005 when a group of engineers with a passion for music decided to spin-off from an audio research lab in Barcelona. We’re now over 160 people, spread across Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Lima, Rio de Janeiro, London, Paris, Nairobi, Oslo, Tel-Aviv, Singapore, Tokyo, Manila, Bangkok and Lagos.
We’re a team of pretty decent people who enjoy working with each other. We’re open-minded and well-traveled, coming from all parts of the world. We’ve got rappers, producers, cello players, DJs, and songwriters. The passion for music, the excitement for innovative technology and Barcelona as a backdrop has proven to make a good combination.
Join us from wherever you are on our mission to help make music live forever.
We say there’s a BMAT touch. We believe it has to do with being passionate, obsessive, nice, generous, honest, self-motivated, entrepreneurial, intrepid, crazy, extraordinary, creative, agile, human, friendly, smart, witty, talented, naive, optimistic, surprising, sensual, and nerdy, but not very hipster (unfortunately). Our way of being is always sprinkled with transparency, perseverance, flexibility, open-mindedness and trustworthiness.