Senior Web Developer (Remote)
Los Angeles, USA
Job TitleSenior Web Developer (Remote)
We are looking for a remote senior full-stack developer, or potentially one dedicated front-end developer and one back-end developer. Our ideal candidates have years of experience developing, testing, and maintaining production-level code and are comfortable working remotely in small, 2-3 people collaborative teams.
Depending on the job position, our ideal candidates have expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Managing, designing, and querying modern relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Designing, testing, and maintaining REST APIs (specifically, with Python/Django)
- Administering Linux servers and/or cloud-based deployment infrastructure
- Interacting with legacy back-end software (specifically, in C# & SQL Server)
At each layer, extensive domain-level experience will be considered if the specific tooling varies; if you have written solid, well-tested REST APIs in one language, say, we trust you can learn Python and build APIs with it.
The kinds of challenges you can expect to encounter include:
- Working with a business analyst to design digital workflows to replace slow, manual, and error-prone legacy workflows
- Pair-programming (remotely) a difficult issue with a teammate
- Building out new features from idea to development to deployment
- Writing unit/functional tests for new and existing functionality
- Trying to wrangle less-than-perfect data from legacy systems into shape for the modern web
- Optimizing complex database queries using SQL or advanced Django ORM techniques
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- You have multiple years of experience developing, testing, and maintaining production-level software in a manner responsive to budgets, deadlines, and user requirements
- You have very strong verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- While the position is remote and open to anyone anywhere in the world, we do expect your availability for brainstorming, discussions, and collaborative work sessions overlaps with standard North American workday hours
About the Company
We develop software-as-a-service for the insurance sector with a strong emphasis on digital transformation and workflow automation. We have long-term and strategic relationships with our customers, who have a strong global presence and primarily operate in markets outside the United States.
We are a small but growing organization, with members located in multiple time zones who benefit from being able to work remotely. We are looking to grow our technical team by adding developers who bring new perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences.
- Contact: Justin Mayer
- E-mail contact: entroP@gmail.com
- Web: https://encompaas.homerun.co/senior-web-developer/en