Full Stack Python Developer
Job TitleFull Stack Python Developer
The Fourth Estate is looking for a full-stack engineer to join us part-time.
In a given day you might work on managing infrastructure or contributing code to the opensource projects we use, or anything in between. you will be instrumental in directing architecture decisions to exploring new technologies that might better suit our needs.
We are not looking for a software development “team”. We are looking for one (or two) awesome people to grow with the company and help build the next-generation global news organization.
The stacks we use are: Python/Django on top of Postgres or Python/Flask on top of Mongo/Elasticsearch with some other technologies sprinkled in.
The frontend is a mix modern web tech, REST APIs, AJAX, and deployed to a variety of services including Linode, Vultr, AWS, baremetal, and more.
We use Git to manage code and Gitlab for issues and pull requests and Matrix/Element for secure internal communication.
- You should have experience writing and shipping code with a modern web application framework.
- Experience with an RDBMS, Postgres, Mongo and Elasticsearch prefered.
- Command of modern web browsers.
- Experience with version control fundamentals.
- Understanding of server administration.
- Comfortable on a command line in a Linux environment, Ubuntu preferred.
- Experience with non-profits/associations a big plus.
- Must be able to effectively telecommute
- An entrepreneurial spirit and healthy sense of humor.
- You should work and play well with others,
- and be solutions oriented.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Design, develop, and maintain web-based applications and scalable cloud-based technologies. Solve problems and squash bugs as they arise as we scale and grow our member base. Work to integrate new and existing services and products.
About the Company
The Fourth Estate is a Public Benefit organization and international NGO registered in Colorado ad headquartered in Washington, DC. Our staff is global. We provide news and journalism content, and technology services.