Senior Python Developer (100% Remote)
Remote, Anywhere, United States
Job TitleSenior Python Developer (100% Remote)
We are small team of developers who manage product inventory database "sync'ing" for many of the worlds largest internet retailers.
Your job will be to read/write Python code to help VersaFeed take product inventory information in, process/analyze/AI/massage the data, and then send the modified inventory out to destinations like Google, Facebook, Bing, Rakuten and other large channels.
Primary tasks include:
- Implementing new features like automated alerting and web crawling
- Extending existing features like processing massive JSON/CSV/TSV/API files/data and implementing business logic that can execute at scale
- Fixing bugs and learning our overall infrastructure
- Ideally also helping with Postgres/SQL, Linux/bash config/debug/setup, Django, AWS, Docker, and if you have frontend skills also... then you might be a superhero here.
- Provide salary requirements. If you have your A game, we'll bring the money to match.
- Generous 401k contributions and stock options
- Serious holiday cash bonuses if you're adding value/contributing
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
No Agencies Please
- 100% Remote OK, but be available for at least 1-2 hours per day in US PST (Pacific/San Francisco) timezone so we can communicate with you.
- English fluency
- We are looking for a long-term candidate. If your CV is entirely 1-2 year stints, we will probably pass.
- At least 4 years as a professional developer, with at least 2 writing Python code.
- Self-motivated. This can be hard for remote work.
- Patient. The code base is large and certain parts are unwieldly. Be able to read code/comments, dig in, and fix things when needed.
- Excited. There are some really fun areas we work with including new features that exist in their own container running bleeding edge libraries.
- Inquisitive. We wear lots of hats. We write code, debug code, manage containers, AWS instances, shell scripts, cron jobs, proxies, pytests, SQL/Postgres, Prometheus, etc. These all require an inquisitive mindset and the ability to research and dig on a problem.
About the Company
VersaFeed creates product/data feeds (JSON/CSV/TSV/XML/API) for many of the worlds largest online merchants.
- Stable company with a 15 year track record
- Small, efficient engineering team, low on bureaucracy
- Weekly dev meetings to ensure you have what you need to accomplish your personal developer goals, while also adding value to VersaFeed.
- Once-per-year in person meetings where we pick a city and have a blast! Optional, but highly encouraged to attend (they are fun, we promise!)