Kochi, Kerala, India
Job TitleSoftware Engineer
Brief Software engineers are the lifeblood of impress.ai. They build the software that powers this bot that you're using, the dashboard that recruiters around the world use, and all the other cool things we build and release. As backend engineers, you don't just build backend APIs and architect databases, you help bring to production the AI prototypes our Analytics/Data team builds, you ensure that the cloud infrastructure, DevOps, and CI/CD processes that keep us ticking are optimal. This job listing is for backend engineers, though experience in frontend development / full-stack development is a plus.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Build and integrate new software components into the Impress Platform
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer (2+ Years in Python)
- Experience designing interactive web applications
- Ability in developing software in the Django framework (Python) is necessary for the role.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL, and ORM technologies
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field preferred but not necessary.
About the Company
We believe in creating a fair hiring process. One where people are chosen based on their talent, knowledge, and capabilities as opposed to their gender, race, or name. Recruiters are often overwhelmed by a large number of applicants and don’t always have time to interview everyone. In scenarios like these, good candidates are rejected too soon. With the power of AI and intelligent automation, we want to transform hiring practices for the 21st century.
Launched in January 2017, impress.ai helps recruiters at every stage of the talent acquisition process - from screening to interviewing and shortlisting candidates at scale. Every applicant gets a chance to impress the recruiter through our chatbot.
Today, we work with some of the biggest enterprises in the region, including Accenture, DBS Bank, and Singtel. But we are just getting started.