Director Of Engineering (First Eng Hire)
Remote, US, US
Job TitleDirector Of Engineering (First Eng Hire)
Marqii is looking for its first Engineer! In this role, you will work closely with our Founders to execute the strategic vision of Marqii. You will execute & lead product inception, development, and launch from beginning to end. As the first Engineer of a small emerging startup, you’ll need to be highly comfortable building a team, asking why, pushing back (not just saying yes, we are looking for a leader!), leading the day-to-day product development, and rolling up your sleeves by helping us build product from the ground up. In this stage of our growth, we will create a strategy, move quickly, operate in ambiguity, and execute the mission every day.
A day in the life:
- Working closely with the founders to create/own a codebase/product suite from inception
- Iterate and execute the engineering development as well as related company roadmap building and leading an engineering team with the goal of solving real problems
- Take full ownership for product development and all other technical aspects
- Designing and developing APIs
- Full-stack Developing back-end website applications
- Creating, maintaining, enhancing, and refining systems and features
- Optimizing performance and scalability as necessary to meet the business goals
- Planning the next product version and tech updates
- Handling tech tasks concerning product iteration
- Responsible for technologies that grow the business and maintain our competitive advantage
- Potentially manage offshore development and data engineering, contractors
- Codes & wants to code.
- We will be heavily leaning on you as our tech leader, be ready and excited to move/build quickly
- You are confident in presenting your ideas, technical vision, and designs to other team members and stakeholders
- You have deep familiarity with different programming languages and their major uses
- You have natural ambition for personal responsibility, willingness to take risks, and courage for new ideas.
- You are a leader who wants/feels confident owning a codebase from inception
- You have a computer science background or have acquired good knowledge on software engineering principles, design patterns, basic algorithms, etc.
- You are curious by nature and want to learn new things and have an impact
- Creative problem solver, sometimes code alone is not the answer
- Has quality experience in at least a few of the following domains: B2B saas, 3rd party APIs. REST, Hospitality tech, BI Tools
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
About the Company
We take on the complex operations of running your hospitality group, with hundreds of distributed systems, it gets harder and harder to focus on what really matters. Our mission is to simplify, streamline and connect hospitality software. Our vision is to build a network of connected systems in order to create a seamless operation, whether you are updating your consumer-facing menus on Google or sending your POS data to your inventory system so you know exactly how much to order. We want to free up time so you can focus on the things that matter like running your restaurant.