Senior Software/Data Engineer - Python and SQL
Job TitleSenior Software/Data Engineer - Python and SQL
- Work alongside and help guide 1-2 people on the data team to provide the full data backend to WattTime’s satellite project.
- Design and implement new data architectures and code in Python.
- Clean and structure messy data sets, create linkages between multiple data sources.
- Write code to obtain new data from a variety of sources, including satellite imagery sources.
- Collaborate with the modeling team to arrive at solutions that allow modelers to move quickly and work with solid data.
- Implement simple automation pipelines in existing kubernetes based infrastructure.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- BS, MS in computer science or an engineering related field with relevant experience.
- 2-8 years of full time work experience in software development or data engineering.
- Comfortable working in Linux full time.
- Excellent grasp on: Python, Pandas, relational databases, working with data pipelines.
- Experience working with large datasets and cloud platforms such as GCP a plus.
- Highly motivated, collaborative, action-oriented, able to lead and to take direction.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Bonus points: Prior experience working with satellite imagery, power grid, emissions and/ or energy data
- Remote location, anywhere in the U.S.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Salary: $120,000 - $135,000 based on experience
- Timing: Opening posted September 9, 2021, accepting applications on an aggressive, rolling basis
- Send a response to the following: Briefly describe a data storage architecture you designed or helped build. An example might be a couple of relational database tables and file storage on AWS or records ElasticSearch, something of that flavor.
About the Company
We are practical, results-driven change makers. We believe nothing has more potential for fast, world-changing impact, than software. We embrace change. We are lean and rapid prototypers. We never confuse growth with impact. We are all personally, fiercely committed to our mission. We are quietly radical in unexpected ways. We have allies, not competitors. Our band of expert volunteers helps us punch above our weight class. We trust in data and everyone’s voice being heard. We know diversity is central to success. We consider respect non-negotiable: there are no jerks here.
Unlike most start-ups, our team is backed by a host of more than 200 volunteers who contributed to our founding and are happy to support us in terms of advice, networking and perspective. WattTime is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, or sexual orientation or classification.