Senior Software Engineer
New York City, NY, United States
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work with Python and Django in our products for the Logistics Industry. We are a super interesting and fast growing startup with incredible opportunities for growth and development. We also use PostgreSQL, Docker, RESTful APIs, and Kafka. Git, Terraform, and AWS.
This is what we are looking for. If you connect with the list below, come talk to us.
- You are a quick learner and excited about learning new technologies
- You thrive in an environment with lots of context and minimal guidance
- You are passionate about automated testing, code quality and engineering best practices
- You are adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong
- You enjoy taking full ownership of projects from conception to production
- You like to work within a small team, collaborating with your colleagues (product manager, designer, UI engineers) to ship impactful products
We are a team of bright, kind, and solution-oriented people focused on creating value for our customers. We can solve problems individually, but understand that the best solutions are found when the team brainstorms ideas together. We are excited about balancing the need to deploy new solutions quickly and designing solutions that are secured, reliable, maintainable and scalable for the long run.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 5+ years of experience building, testing, deploying and operating your own projects. Our team practices the DevOps culture and expects that each member of the team can be self-sufficient.
- Experience designing and developing microservices
- Have a good understanding of concepts like concurrency and event driven architecture
- Experience in designing and developing large scale distributed systems
- BS in Computer Science or a related degree
Nice to have:
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine or similar
- Experience with technologies like NoSQL (e.g.Redis, DynamoDB), Kafka, Elasticsearch
About the Company
Optimal Dynamics is on a mission to automate and optimize the logistics industry through the use of advanced analytics. We are based on more than three decades of R&D at Princeton University and represent the most sophisticated technology ever developed for the logistics industry. Optimal Dynamics is a high-growth early-stage company with ~35 employees (but changing very quickly!) and $23M in funding.
- Contact: Marilia Ragazzo
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://boards.greenhouse.io/optimaldynamics/jobs/4074847004