Senior Back-end developer - Python/Django
Job TitleSenior Back-end developer - Python/Django
KiWi is growing, and we are now looking for a Senior Back-end Developer in Valencia, with the option to work remotely.
You will lead the enhancement of our back-end (Python/Django), with the objective of making it more scalable and providing services to new markets.
The main technologies we are currently dealing with are:
- App Platform (PaaS from DigitalOcean);
- PostgreSQL and Redis (managed by DigitalOcean);
- Ubuntu stable with Python 3.8;
- Docker w/ Compose;
- Django and DRF;
- Celery and Celery Beat;
- GitHub Actions for CI and CD;
- Sentry (for exceptions and performance monitoring).
Don't be scared if you haven't used all of these: we are here to help you whenever you need it.
Also, don't be shy: we'd love to learn some more tricks or tools from you.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
We are looking for people in or near Valencia, able to speak English and Spanish, fluent with Python.
What we'd like to find in the new candidates:
- Willingness to improve our Django 2.2 project and help us to migrate to Django 3.2;
- Openness when writing and receiving code reviews - nothing gets merged without approvals;
- Passion for testing and test-driven development - when we find a bug we write a test to reproduce it, then we fix the problem;
- DevOps spirit - we are a small team which builds and runs our software, sometimes with the help of the DigitalOcean crew.
About the Company
Commerce is evolving, quickly, everywhere, with a growing gap between included and left behind.
KiWi empowers micro-merchants through access to adapted digital technology, contributing to a fair and competitive market. With their KiWi app, merchants can accept card and mobile payments, get access to microcredit, and make more money by selling additional KiWi services and products.
KiWi is a high growth startup based in Lausanne (Switzerland) and Mexico.