Remote, United States
Job TitleSoftware Engineer
The Technology Team
The Torqata technology team is responsible for implementation and innovation of the applications, pipelines, analytics, and tools that support various digital product offerings that form the core of Torqata’s business. We partner closely with the Product and Design team and operate day-to-day using a lean-agile based framework. Each software engineer within the team is fully accountable for implementing cutting-edge software solutions and working to mature those solutions.
The Experience and Skills You Bring
We are looking for a Software Engineer with two or more years of experience, that is proficient in at least one Python API framework, such as Flask, Django, or FastAPI (preferred). You will have a B.S or higher in Engineering or Computer Science, paired with a strong track record of building, debugging and optimizing production-ready API’s. You will have software delivery experience in a Cloud/DevOps environment, GitFlow, and containerization.
Your Primary Duties and Responsibilities
You will implement cutting-edge software solutions, participate in agile ceremonies, as well as technical architecture discussions. You will collaborate with your team and promote the overall creation of outstanding work within your pod.
As a full-stack engineer, you will build scalable and robust Python-based API’s using a combination of tools, including Pandas, FastAPI and SQLAlchemy. You will deploy these API’s to managed container services such as App Engine and Kubernetes, as well as server-less Google Cloud functions, depending upon associated requirements. You will be experienced in interacting directly with various cloud-based storage systems such as PostgreSQL and Redis. You will create systems for enabling automatic replenishment of product based on point-of-sale data and front-end web applications for analytically heavy applications, such as demand forecasting.
You will be passionate about enhancing Torqata’s point-of-sale processing microservices to enhance data quality and streamline customer onboarding experiences. You will be responsible for creating and enhancing web portals for Torqata’s third party partners and will also build data synchronization functionalities across tools that are utilized internally by different teams. You will also build enhancements for Torqata’s primary website and partner with technical leads, product managers, data engineers, data scientists, designers and other software engineers to building compelling, novel user-facing products.
You have deep experience in agile, agile at scale, and lean agile disciplines. In addition, you understand the replacement tire (or auto parts) industry dynamics, its key pain points as well as the existing technology infrastructure through which industry participants currently collaborate. You also have a strong track record for being highly motivated, always learning, willing to share their knowledge and experience, and, most of all, excited to be part of a company that has the goal of revolutionizing the tire industry. You will bring a great attitude and commitment to get the job done.
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- Two or more years of professional experience
- B.S or higher – engineering, computer science or other relevant degree
- Strong core Python experience
- Proficient in at least one Python API framework such as Flask, Django, or FastAPI (FastAPI preferred)
- Experience with building, debugging and optimization of production-ready APIs
- Software delivery experience in a Cloud/DevOps environment, GitFlow, and containerization
- Ability to navigate and work within a Linux environment
- Ability to travel at least quarterly
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- M.S or higher in relevant fields
- SQL database skills (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience with creating front-end web applications in at least one modern framework (Angular, React, Vue, etc)
- Experience in replacement tire or auto-aftermarket industry
- Professionally cloud certified (GCP preferred)
- Familiar with schema validation and modeling libraries such as Pydantic or Marshmallow
- Experience data munging with numpy, scipy, pandas, and similar libraries.
- Knowledge of the OpenAPI specificiation and building API documentation with tools like Swagger
- Previous experience with Google Cloud Platform: App Engine, Storage, CloudSQL(data offerings such as GCS, BigQuery, cloudSQL are a plus)
- Experience working directly with data science/advanced analytics workflows
About the Company
Torqata’s powerful data platform and suite of analytics products has been designed to enable manufacturers, retailers and distributors to work smarter, more collaboratively and drive better results across the industry.
We are a data and analytics services and software start-up in the automotive and tire industry seeking to position itself as the premier provider of such services through increased visibility throughout the tire value chain and unified reconciliation of data across disparate sources such a point-of-sale data, aggregated inventory, OE production data, product information, sales forecasts, introduction of a Blockchain ecosystem, etc.
Our frontend stack is Angular. Our backend API stack is Python, FastAPI, and PostgreSQL. Our data stack is Google BigQuery, Airflow, Kubernetes, Pandas and Python. We're on the Google Cloud Platform.
Jobs are posted in Charlotte, NC and the rest of the team is there but hires can work remotely permanently.
- Contact: David Gilman
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://atd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Torqata_Data_and_Analytics/job/Huntersville-NC/Software-Engineer--Torqata--Remote-_R15810