Sr. Data Engineer
Remote, United States
Job TitleSr. Data Engineer
- Work with Data Scientists, Application Developers, and Data Engineers to architect data pipelines and enable the development of machine learning models, data driven applications, and other analytical solutions for both internal consumption and external SaaS customers
- Design table structure for proper level of normalization and performance to match use cases
- Develop cloud-based systems for ingesting customer data across multiple sources in real time and via streaming processes
- Perform RDBMS management tasks such as query optimization, DDL, view creation, permission management, index recommendation, etc.
- Build ETL processes on jointly defined requirements for the data pipeline
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Translate insights into predictive power by assisting data scientists with feature engineering in Python
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Support bug fixing and performance analysis along the data pipeline
- Analyze and manage 3rd Party and other external data sets
- Follow an Agile development methodology
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- Education: BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent experience
- Experience: Minimum 4-6 years of experience working with data models, database design development, and data mining/cleaning deployed in a cloud environment.
About the Company
Torqata’s powerful data platform and suite of analytics products has been designed to enable manufacturers, retailers and distributors to work smarter, more collaboratively and drive better results across the industry.
We are a data and analytics services and software start-up in the automotive and tire industry seeking to position itself as the premier provider of such services through increased visibility throughout the tire value chain and unified reconciliation of data across disparate sources such a point-of-sale data, aggregated inventory, OE production data, product information, sales forecasts, introduction of a Blockchain ecosystem, etc.
Our frontend stack is Angular. Our backend API stack is Python, FastAPI, and PostgreSQL. Our data stack is Google BigQuery, Airflow, Kubernetes, Pandas and Python. We're on the Google Cloud Platform.
Jobs are posted in Charlotte, NC and the rest of the team is there but hires can work remotely permanently.
- Contact: David Gilman
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://atd.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Torqata_Data_and_Analytics/job/Huntersville-NC/Sr-Data-Engineer--Torqata--Remote-Position-_R15883