SIGMA Assessment Systems, Inc.
Remote, Remote, Remote
Job TitlePython Developer
SIGMA Assessment Systems is on the hunt for a developer who loves to build React single page and progressive web apps, and doesn’t shy away from creating API endpoints when needed, in Python. We’re currently developing a next-generation assessment platform for administering high-stakes testing that requires your expertise. You will be working closely with a related business and our agency partner over several phases of the project.
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
As the right candidate, you have an impressive knowledge and curiosity about building things for the web. Writing JSX components, managing state, and interfacing with REST APIs asynchronously gets you fired up. You like to dig in deep, read the docs and look at the code and you’re always keen to explain difficult concepts to your teammates.
Ideally your tool chest includes Github, Python, Django, React, Postgres, Linux, HTML, and CSS, but we value good coding fundamentals and a focus on shipping bug-free code above all. You should enjoy learning new frameworks and tools, and enthusiastically share your discoveries with the team.
About the Company
For over 50 years, SIGMA has developed psychological assessments and offered related consulting services, with a focus on business applications of psychology (such as leadership development and employee selection). We provide information that influences some of life’s biggest decisions, for millions of people, and we work with some of the biggest corporations and most impactful government agencies, world-wide.
- We are profitable and are experiencing significant growth
- SIGMA offers the opportunity to work in an engaging, challenging, and growing business with other talented individuals. We enjoy our jobs, and it shows! Our size and structure give us a degree of flexibility which is usually not possible in very large organizations.
- If you’re looking for a rewarding job opportunity, join our talented team of professionals.
What makes SIGMA a great place to work:
- We hire smart, effective, kind people. We treat them well and pay them fairly. Many of our employees have been with us for over 15 years, and most have advanced degrees.
- A respectful, professional environment where your input is valued
- We’re family-friendly with excellent work/life balance
- 3 weeks paid vacation to start, additional paid time off around Christmas
- Room for advancement as we continue to grow, limited only by your drive and abilities