London, London, United Kingdom
Job TitleData Engineer
We are looking to hire a Back-End Engineer to join our Platforms team. This role is particularly suited to those wishing to make the transition from individual contributor to Engineering Manager, where you will have the opportunity to manage your own team in the near future.
The team... The Platforms team establishes the solid foundation on which Pirical builds impactful customer solutions. The team sets the standards for engineering excellence and creates platforms which our web applications, heavy-duty data pipelines and knowledge management system depend on. A Platforms engineer considers and finds balance between aspects such as performance, scalability, high availability, maintainability and security. The team operates with foresight and an innovation mindset to ensure that Pirical is well positioned to take on new engineering challenges along our journey of growth.
Mateusz a member of the platforms team said: I enjoy being part of a team where people constantly challenge and support each other at the same time. It's been great seeing myself and my colleagues grow and develop along with the company.
- You’ll use architecture to build robust platforms which power both our products; Pirical On Demand and Pirical Legal Professionals.
- Work with product managers to bring clarity to our future needs in the capacity, performance and security of our systems.
- Take full ownership of entire systems and ensure that they deliver value that’s essential to Pirical’s strategy.
- You have worked with AWS (S3, Lambda & SQS), Unix-like operating systems and relational databases.
- Working knowledge of how Elasticsearch, Redis, MySQL will help analyse data.
- You will understand Docker, automated build and deployment to look after our infrastructure.
- Have a good understanding of Python to help us create data pipelines.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- You have a homing instinct for engineering excellence and seek to continuously outdo yourself.
- You are a team-player and feel fulfilment from helping others achieve their goals.
- You will Innovate in all aspects of work and push the team's thinking.
- You are proud of your work because it delivers value to others.
- You feel that there is more to your career than being an individual contributor.
- You will have a curious mindset, ask lots of questions and seek to learn new things.
- You feel comfortable working in a challenging environment where flexibility, learning and going the extra mile may be needed.
About the Company
Pirical pioneers the field of People Analytics. We are on a mission to help law firms make fairer and better decisions about their people by helping our customers answer tough people strategy questions.
We are an organically grown business that already has some of the world’s leading law firms as our clients both here in the UK and in the US, and we have ambitious plans to grow our business even further.
- Private health insurance
- Open and transparent culture and flat structure. 1:1 culture.
- Supportive team culture with importance on feedback
- Plenty of opportunities to innovate and learn new technologies
- See the impact of your work immediately
- Training and coaching and focus on career development
- Unlimited holidays
- Remote first culture
- Book Club
- Team Yoga (Optional of course!)
- Personal Development Allowance..
Pirical is nurturing a remote-first culture, meaning our team has the means, skills and attitude to be as high performing and productive as conventional co-located teams.
Pirical is committed to being an inclusive and diverse place to work. The excellent work produced at Pirical would not be possible without bringing together all of the different backgrounds, experiences and skills that our team has. We treat every employee equally, and fairly regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation. It is vitally important that each of our team members feels confident, comfortable and empowered.
Note to recruitment agencies: Pirical is committed to building a long term approach to our hiring strategy, we are therefore already working in partnership with selected talent partners. We, therefore, ask you to hold off sending speculative CV’s or sales approaches through this email.
- Contact: Will Gough
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://angel.co/company/pirical/jobs/1360066-data-engineer