Python Software Engineer - £30,000 - £40,000
Agiletek Engineering Ltd
London, Newcastle, Remote, UK
Job TitlePython Software Engineer - £30,000 - £40,000
We’re looking for a software engineer to join our development team. The successful candidate will be working on a wide variety of python related projects, from full Django webapps, to slack apps to help with internal processes, to pure python code that will help our engineers do their jobs more efficiently.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
The key skills and responsibilities will be:
- Strong Python 3 skills (perhaps demonstrated by contributions to open source projects) (ideally 3+ years of experience)
- Good knowledge of the Django Web Framework (ideally 3+ years of experience)
- A love for tests of all kinds
- The right to work in the UK
- No problem using Microsoft Windows (some of the software we use only runs on Windows)
- An ability to work within the team to come up with the best solution possible.
- An ability to bring new ideas to the table
Skills that would be nice to have
- Knowledge of engineering packages such as OrcaFlex and Abaqus
- An engineering background (even better if it’s in offshore engineering)
- Experience with ReactJS
- A basic understanding of AWS solutions
- A basic understanding of NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- A basic understanding of RDS databases (PostgreSQL)
- A basic understanding of CD/CI systems (Bitbucket Pipelines, Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline, etc.)
About the Company
Established in 2015, AgileTek provide engineering consultancy to developers, installers and manufacturers operating in the offshore energy industry. AgileTek's main office is located right in the middle of London and an additional office in Newcastle city centre. Our founders who have extensive business experience and technical knowledge have worked on over 80 projects both nationally and internationally. The engineers mission is to deliver high-quality analysis services using the latest technology to drive down costs and delivery times.
The software development team, AgileDat was founded in 2018 and provides services to engineers within AgileTek – as well as to external clients and the wider group company in order to support their mission. We build high quality, well tested applications that have helped drive efficiencies for our clients.