Sr Python Developer
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Job TitleSr Python Developer
This position is responsible for handling advanced systems administration and automation tasks, as well as development of our in house datacenter automation tool which is written in Python.
At A2 there are thousands of servers and devices that our teams need to manage the state of the equipment. To accomplish this, A2 uses a custom Python Django application that drives our datacenter automation. The servers and devices that are managed by this system are a mix of both internal and customer facing systems.
While this Python app is running Django, there is a lot more to it. There is a lot of backend code that requires Linux and Network systems training to fully understand and be successful in this project. The Python app exposes an API to our billing system to handle the lifecycles of some of our hosting products, like bare metal dedicated servers or VPS. Our billing system issues create, terminate, suspend, and resume commands to the Python system and it takes care of running the necessary commands to put the device into the requested state.
What you’ll do
- Deployment and maintenance of company level infrastructure, including but not limited to Apache, Nginx, Litespeed Web Server, exim, Postfix, LDAP, FreeIPA, PowerDNS, BIND, MySQL, Varnish, cPanel/WHM, Salt, etc.
- Development and maintenance of A2 Hosting’s in house Datacenter automation tool written in Python.
- Escalated troubleshooting of systems in a 24/7 environment, including on call rotation
- Proactive maintenance of a large fleet of servers including customer environments.
- Documentation of deployed systems, troubleshooting processes, infrastructure design, etc.
- Guidance and consultation on internal projects and company priorities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Skills you have
- 5+ years Linux Systems Administration
- 3+ years Python development
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience with datacenter automation
- Experience in a Hosting or similar Technology company is a plus
3 Reasons you should apply:
- You have a passion for designing and building scalable infrastructures to support the growth of the business and it’s clients.
- You enjoy collaborating with team members and across company organizations to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience and enhance efficiency.
- You are curious and enjoy troubleshooting, debugging and improving existing systems.
About the Company
We are A2 Hosting, a global web hosting provider. We offer web hosting services that allow our clients to showcase their creativity and talents online.
We have a growing global team with a strong culture of empowerment and professional development.
At A2 Hosting our Core Values guide the work that we do. You might fit in well at A2 if these values describe you:
- Passionate - We take pride in what we do
- Collaborative - We think about the team first
- Customer Focused - We are empathetic and respectful
- Curious - We desire to learn and do better
- Agile - We adapt to change quickly
- Contact: Rina Punko, TA Specialist
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://a2hosting.applytojob.com/apply/8F9obUL0vv/