Automation QA Engineer
Campbell, CA, Authorized to work in US or Canada, Remote only for those countries, United States / Canada
Job TitleAutomation QA Engineer
Location: Remote (anywhere in USA or CANADA only)
Applicants should have valid work permit.
The Quality Assurance Engineering team is responsible for the testing and validation of our software, firmware and hardware integration. This role is responsible for:
End-to-end automation test development including planning, optimization, and testing of OBD-II hardware systems utilizing Python. Collaboration between hardware and software development engineers to implement improvements in automation process efficiency and reliability. Operation, troubleshooting and customization of automation hardware and software. Interfacing with stakeholders to collect and refine requirements.
What you will do
- Validation of firmware, software and hardware integration, logging of defects in Jira and follow through on validation of changes and implemented fixes.
- Creation of a test automation framework for OBD-II modules
- Use your knowledge of Python to create an automated test environment for firmware, software and hardware validation.
- Develop a fully automated, hardened, and highly available execution environment.
- Competitive salary, bonus and options package
- Excellent benefits (health, dental and vision)
- Lifestyle Savings Account
- Free Mojio for your car
- Phone bill reimbursement and many more!
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or on the basis of disability.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- At least 5+ years industry experience in software, firmware and hardware quality assurance engineering
- At least 2-4 years industry experience in Python automation and validation engineering
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in building automated embedded system / hardware test setups.
- Experience with CAN bus, OBD-II or other connected car technologies.
- Proven coding experience with Python.
- Owned design, implementation, and execution of functional test plans and test cases, based on system understanding and analysis of specifications.
- Worked with product managers and developers to understand business requirements and perform test effort estimation.
- Reported software defects and shepherded them through the defect life cycle to closure.
Nice to have
- Experience using various cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.
As an Automation QA Engineer, you will need to be passionate about solving problems, have strong capabilities in troubleshooting issues on several platforms in operational environments, be proficient with engineering automated solutions, work well in a team environment, and lead a project. You should believe in yourself and share your ideas with your team. You should be comfortable with expressing and discussing your ideas with diverse groups.
About the Company
At Mojio, we’re on a mission to give every vehicle a voice. Founded in 2012, we’ve grown from a disruptive start-up to a global leader in the connected mobility space, trusted by some of the world’s biggest brands as customers, investors and partners, including Amazon, Bosch, Deutsche Telekom, Microsoft, T-Mobile and Vivint.
Our driven team is fueling the future of connected mobility with our scalable IoT platform and customer-centric SaaS solutions, including our best-in-class connected car apps (averaging 4.7 stars in the US).
Our end-to-end solutions deliver a smarter, safer and more convenient car ownership experience for the global driving community. With over 15 billion miles of driving data gathered from more than a million vehicles, we’re leveraging one of the largest and fastest-growing big data pools in the automotive industry to build the next generation of data-driven automotive products, services and user experiences.
In 2020, Deloitte recognized Mojio as the 7th fastest growing tech company in Canada and #1 in British Columbia for the second consecutive year, with four-year revenue growth of 3,612%. We were also recognized with the 2019 Comparably Award for Best Leadership Team.