Senior Python/Django Software Engineer
Remote/virtual, United States
Job TitleSenior Python/Django Software Engineer
In this key role you will be developing the next-generation of mission-critical applications and tools used by Ontrak colleagues who work daily to save the lives of those suffering from the medical consequences of untreated behavioral health conditions.
Success in the role requires that you collaborate with business leaders, product management, architects, and your engineering team in understanding business requirements to determine what the right solution is to build. You’ll work in strong collaboration with others throughout agile build cycles, to ensure your solutions are realized as envisioned. The components you will build will have a direct impact on members and healthcare providers.
You take a systematic approach to problem solving, naturally zooming out to see the big picture, then diving into the important details. You will need to bring others along with you in this process and codify best practices and tools along the way to establish a foundational engineering approach in an environment that is rapidly growing.
- Design and implement cloud based micro services for a highly scalable, large scale deployment
- Integrate third-party tools, Paas/Saas services
- Research and prototype using open source technologies
- Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors or 8 or more years of total work experience
- A minimum 4 years of professional experience.
- Proficient in Python and Django web development.
- Experience in developing RESTful APIs with Django REST framework
- Experience in test driven development and Agile processes (preferably Scrum).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter who is eager to learn and be part of a team of highly talented professionals
- Experience with SaaS integration.
- Experience with Object-Oriented design and enterprise design patterns
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tools (Jenkins, GitHub, Docker preferred)
Our remote opportunities require:
- A quiet, private, distraction-free home office work environment
- A reliable high-speed internet connection (cable, DSL, or fiber) with speeds of at least 10Mbps download and 5Mbps upload. Most positions will require that you be hard-wired to your internet access and Wi-Fi will be disabled. Traveling with your computer is not allowed unless travel is required for the position.
- Discipline to work from home while following a set schedule
- Background check clearance
About the Company
Ontrak’s mission is to Improve the health and save the lives of millions of people, and we fulfill this mission by working with national health plans, Fortune 500 employers and consumers to deliver world-class prevention, behavioral health and chronic condition programs via digital and telehealth products that are global in reach.
Ontrak is one of the fastest-growing companies in the Telehealth/Digital Health landscape (350%+ in 2020), and as a public company, has the financial backing and enterprise reach to continue this growth in order to transform millions of lives over the coming 3-5 years.
For consideration, please complete a profile via the Careers page link shown.
- Contact: Jeanine Kern
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://careers.ontrak-inc.com/careers-home/jobs/1190?lang=en-us