Senior Backend Developer
Job TitleSenior Backend Developer
We need a Senior Backend Developer to join our global and dynamic Dimensions team. You will be:
- actively involved in the design and development processes of Dimensions’ products and technologies
- part of a talented and agile team to contribute backend code to our different web applications
- planning, designing and enhancing automation frameworks, utilities and tools
- writing automated tests using py.test and Selenium
We can offer the opportunity to:
- support universities worldwide with impactful analytics.
- join a mission-led, global business where the team has a real sense of purpose. (Because we have faced many of these challenges ourselves, we love seeing the impact of our work every day.)
- surround yourself with smart, open, curious, and action-oriented people with opportunities to lead and learn at every turn
- work remotely or in local offices
- enjoy a competitive salary and benefits
For this role, we are currently able to bring on candidates as full-time employees from the following countries where we maintain offices and support structures: UK, USA, Germany, Netherlands, Romania, Spain and Denmark. Other countries are also possible, but would need to agree to a contracting arrangement.
If any of this sounds interesting to you – please reach out to us and apply – we are looking forward to speaking with you!
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
You will need to have:
- at least 3 years of experience in web development and Python 3.x
- experience with at least 2 of the following technologies: HTTP, web servers (nginx), relational databases (PostgreSQL), SQLAlchemy, search engines (SOLR), Pyramid or similar web frameworks
- minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
- familiarity with Linux and knowledge of basic Linux system administration tasks
- understanding of agile methodologies
- exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- an inherent inquisitiveness and be a self learner
- excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills
- fluent spoken and written English
About the Company
Dimensions is a data science & analytics company that offers a comprehensive view of the global research information system. Because Dimensions maps the entire research lifecycle, you can follow research from early-stage funding, through to output and on to social and economic impact.
Universities, governments, funders, researchers and businesses worldwide use Dimensions to inform their research strategy, foster global collaborations, and make evidence-based decisions on the research and innovation landscape.