Senior Backend Python Developer
London/Remote, Europe, Europe
Job TitleSenior Backend Python Developer
We are looking to recruit a talented and passionate Python backend developer. You will need to be interested in all things technology, have advanced python coding skills and experience with Linux.
You will have a strong understanding of software engineering, have strong programming skills and an understanding of automated testing including unit, integration and end-to-end testing. You will have ownership of the whole life-cycle of FeedStock’s product components, from developing new features, fixing bugs, deploying to cloud infrastructure, as well as maintaining the production systems.
You will report directly to the Head of Development, though we hope for you to retain relative autonomy regarding how to deliver to deadlines in line with the product and technology roadmaps.
We are looking for someone who has a team mentality and enjoys contributing in an enthusiastic way to the broader discussion about product strategy, to service delivery planning and to mentoring junior developers.
What you will be doing:
- Write clear, efficient, tested code
- Working with the team to ensure system reliability, performance and uptime
- Taking ownership of the technical architecture and solutions design
- Maintain and develop ETL data pipelines to ensure usability and accuracy across the entire data infrastructure
- Integrations into large enterprise IT systems
- Troubleshoot system issues
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of internal DevOps tools
- Build RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Learn and use the latest technologies as part of a talented, motivated team
- Work with the data science team to deliver and optimise AI models
- FeedStock is an ISO27001 Certified company. All employees are required to complete Information Security training and uphold FeedStock’s Information Security Management System.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
What we are looking for:
- Exceptional Python coding skills
- Experience with production environment deployments on AWS public cloud systems
- Strong experience with relational databases
- Understanding of Kubernetes
- Confidence in operating with Linux instances (Ubuntu Server, RedHat) and Docker
- Enthusiasm and good collaboration
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Interest in new technologies demonstrated through conference attendance and contribution to open source is a plus
About the Company
FeedStock is a VC backed enterprise SaaS start-up that is working with some of the largest financial and professional services firms in the world. We are a team of bold, ambitious developers, creatives and financial services professionals who are joined by a single vision - to leverage AI to make businesses more profitable.
We are taking on the largest software segment in the world (CRMs), with a new revolutionary approach to understanding commercial relationships. We automatically capture, structure and measure client activity data across every digital touch point to deliver insights like no other.
We are a small and senior team who operate on a flat management structure – everyone is encouraged to contribute to product design, strategy and of course, development solutions. Working at FeedStock is fast-paced, dynamic and never dull. If you enjoy having a high level of accountability and taking full ownership of your own tasks, as well as working in a collegiate, supporting environment, please get in touch!