London, United Kingdom
Job TitlePython Engineer
We're looking for a talented and dynamic Python Engineer to join our AI team, helping to deliver the visions of our exceptional R&D team. In this role, you will be helping to design the functions of our biometrics and identity verification services that is devised from our research division.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Working closely with the team members and the team lead to ensure that technology development and delivery is implemented to specification and with good quality.
- Work closely with our R&D team to support planning, developing, maintenance and testing machine learning models while leveraging software engineering best practices.
- Deploy R&D machine learning models that have reached enough technological maturity into production (either in data centres or on cloud platforms).
- Support development and maintenance of machine learning tooling and infrastructure for using production data in R&D research projects to improve the scale and efficiency of machine learning development.
- Identify and evaluate new patterns and technologies to improve performance, maintainability and traceability of our machine learning systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Working experience in Python (3+ years).
- Very experienced with Docker.
- Knowledge of or interest in Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of or interest in TensorFlow.
- Experience writing network-facing server software in Go will be beneficial, though not essential.
- Experience in computer vision or Knowledge/Experience of image/video processing.
- Experience with parallelization, threading and concurrency problems.
- Previous exposure of working as a part of a R&D team will be beneficial, but not necessary.
- Linux knowledge.
- Knowledge of modern version control tools (we use git), and how to use them effectively (proper commit messages, code review).
- Familiarity with shell scripting and command line tools.
- Ensure that tech development and delivery is implemented to specification and with top quality.
- Actively interested in learning more about technology, and keeping up to date with new developments.
- As part of a close-knit team, you are able to communicate effectively with your colleagues.
- At Yoti, we strive to only ever work in the best interests of our users. You share our commitment to honesty, transparency and excellency in all aspects of your work.
About the Company
Yoti is a global technology company whose aim is to be the world’s trusted identity system. Founded in 2014, our passionate team works to improve the way people share their personal information. Innovative products, like the Yoti smartphone app, help people to prove who they are and confirm who other people are, online and in person. Our company has embraced flexible working, so you can be based anywhere. We do also have a fantastic modern office situated in central London with a vibrant and friendly atmosphere - which we look forward to reopening once government regulations permit.