Remote, CA, CO, FL, GA, MA, NH, TX, VA, WA only, US
Job TitleQA Engineer
Our mission is to build new economies by enabling our partners to compensate their content creators for the digital goods and services they produce. Here on the Ecom engineering team, we accomplish this by building unique financial capabilities backed by TIlia's regulatory licenses. Some of these capabilities include processing payments and payouts, verifying user identities, detecting fraud, and enforcing sanctions. Additionally, we are building a growing set of tools around these systems to be used by our partners, customers, and internal teams.
Basically, we write code that lets people sell digital hats in video games and get paid real money.
This position is for a QA Engineer on the Ecom team, specialized in Python. The position is responsible for automating and optimizing the test infrastructure, developing tests for our frontend interfaces and backend APIs, and the daily verification of releases to deploy to production. We are looking for a strong Python engineer who has knowledge of the ecosystem, like pip, and is comfortable with common libraries. We seek to continue standardizing and automating the execution of these tests, and we need help to get there.
As a broader team, we identify business needs and engineering specs, and break those specs down into component parts to be concurrently developed. This requires that we be in lock step with each other and we place a premium on dependability and communication. We are iterative, we take calculated risks, and we are responsive and solution oriented. On the QA team, we are the last line of defense for ensuring the product serves our customers. This is a team in the truest sense.
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- Write and maintain the test code to improve quality, speed, and reliability
- Facilitate the QA regression verification process for every pull request
- Understand changesets at a product level, and ensure appropriate test coverage
- Analyze failed test assertions, identify root causes, communicate issues to the team
- Enable new capabilities by building and improving test infrastructure
- Participate in our culture of continuous improvement and learn about fintech
- Expertise with Python
- Knowledge of Behave, Gherkin, Selenium
- Experience with UNIX/Linux, SQL, Docker
- Broad exposure to common web technologies
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a remote environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 6 years of experience in QA engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
About the Company
Linden Research, Inc. dba Linden Lab develops platforms that empower people to create, share, and benefit from virtual experiences. Founded in 1999, the company first launched Second Life, the groundbreaking virtual world enjoyed by millions around the globe, in 2003, which has since gone on to boast nearly two billion user creations and a vibrant $500 million (USD) economy. Tilia Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Linden Research, Inc., and a licensed money transmitter in the U.S. Tilia Pay enables publishers of video games and virtual worlds to create in-world economies and monetize user interaction. Built from the ground up to be robust, flexible, and secure, Tilia Pay powers virtual economies of leading and cutting edge publishers with hundreds of millions of dollars in circulation.
- Contact: Mike Jacobi
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.lindenlab.com/careers?gh_jid=4549164003