Remote - San Francisco, USA
Job TitleData Engineer
As Legalist continues to grow, we are looking for talented innovators to further build out our product, engineering, & investment teams. Start a conversation with us & join us in the journey of driving the future of legal assets.
We are now looking to add a Data Engineer to our growing tech team. You’ll work closely with our other engineers to help design and build the future of our data and analytics infrastructure. Expect to directly influence our entire tech stack, from standards to frameworks to architecture. We're looking for people who will naturally take ownership of data products and who can bring a project all the way from fast prototype to production
- Collaborate with teammates to design data pipelines and APIs, seeking and offering feedback along the way.
- Contribute to improving Legalist’s internal data processing tools and frameworks.
- Build tools to extract data from various sources to enrich the data that we collect - we ingest a lot of data!
- Contribute to, and help design, the target state data technical roadmap in collaboration with our technology and business partners.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision
- Annual Company Retreat
- Twelve paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Highly proficient in SQL and Python or similar programming languages.
- 3+ years of relevant hands-on experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise data solutions that enables well integrated operational, BI and analytical platforms.
- A love for technology, API’s, and an insatiable curiosity for tackling problems.
- Experience developing and updating subject area and application-specific data models across the enterprise to translate business rules into conceptual, logical and physical data models for reporting and advanced analytics.
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with Git workflows, continuous integration and automated build pipelines
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Productionized ML experience .
- Experience creating scalable and custom scraping jobs using Scrapy, Nutch or something similar.
About the Company
Founded by Christian Haigh & Eva Shang in 2016, Legalist sits at the forefront of AI-enabled legal-asset finance. Backed by YCombinator, Refactor Capital & other Silicon Valley investors, we utilize cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology to invest in litigation-related situations. We use public court records and statistical analysis to invest in impending lawsuits by providing capital to lawyers & plaintiffs who need it most. Legalist currently manages over $200M across multiple legal asset strategies.
- Contact: Joshua Ramos
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.legalist.com/careers?gh_jid=4016447004