Software Engineer in Test
Tempe, AZ, USA
Job TitleSoftware Engineer in Test
Acronis sets the standard for cyber protection and our mission is to empower people by providing them with cutting edge technology that will enable them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their business’ and lives depend on.
Acronis Arizona R&D is looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test for our team. We are a full, self-managed delivery team developing key platform components for Acronis' flagship products. Our team is based in Tempe, AZ but we're open to US-based remote applicants as well. You will work with world-class software engineers from around the globe at our other R&D centers. It is a fast paced and technically complex environment, so a high emphasis is placed on both skill and effectiveness.
We have a need for a Software Engineer to focus on building out our testing platform, as well as other automated tools to improve our quality and productivity. You will work on a team developing the next generation of core platform capabilities for Acronis, powering the transformation to a Cyber Protection Platform. Our team primarily develops new or generalizes existing applications relevant to core functionality to enable our wide range of applications and integrations.
How to Apply
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Skills and Technologies
For this position, we are looking for somebody who has applied experience with these technologies:
- Python: Advanced skills and demonstrated experience using Python, preferably recent Python 3.
- Python Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Frameworks: We use Behave, but experience with BDD in any Python framework is acceptable.
- Python Web Frameworks/Apps: Either Django or Flask is preferred, the job entails producing tools which need reasonable interfaces.
- REST APIs: Extensive experience working with REST APIs from a test or development perspective.
Additional technologies which we use:
- API Schema: RAML, Swagger/OpenAPI, GraphQL
- PostgreSQL, also MSSQL/MySQL/SQLITE for some uses
In addition to technical skill, we have certain working characteristics that we value:
- Teamwork: we prefer to work in small teams and leverage the effectiveness of multiple minds on a problem.
- Independence: we prefer to give the engineer responsibility and empower their (responsible) decision-making.
- Willingness to learn: we are constantly engaging new problems and technology, and success for us requires a willingness to seek out solutions to new challenges.
- Collaboration: We work with other teams inside and alongside Acronis, and as a platform team, they are our critical customers. Their customer satisfaction is critical to our success.
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ business, so we are looking for a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced and high-volume, work environment. The ideal candidate for this position will not only possess the skills and experience required but will also possess a positive attitude and ability to solve complex problems and work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. And just like every position at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
- Requirement refinement and technical design: Working with architect and product planning teams to clarify and refine requirements, participate or lead technical design and architecture of new products and features.
- Technical leadership: ownership of a domain of expertise or service capability and the opportunity to drive its design and improvement.
- People leadership: Taking on the unique challenge of leading people to project success for the delivery of software.