Enterprise Solutions Engineer
Zyte (formerly Scrapinghub)
Remote, Cork, Remote
Job TitleEnterprise Solutions Engineer
Smart Proxy Manager is a smart downloader designed specifically for web crawling and scraping, removing the headaches of proxy management. It is part of the Zyte platform, the world’s most comprehensive web crawling stack which powers crawls of over 8 billion pages per month. Smart Proxy Manager is Zyte’s most popular product and it’s biggest revenue generator, but it needs your help to get to the next level.
As a Solutions Engineer at Zyte, your key responsibilities will be to ensure that enterprise customers are able to achieve their business goals via Smart Proxy Manager, and support the Customer Success team in driving customer engagement with the platform.
You’ll love this role if you enjoy working on a variety of different projects and finding the best solution - even if it’s not a technical one. Applying these solutions across our customer base / systems to proactively solve customer issues before they arise. No two days will be exactly the same, and you’ll be interacting regularly with the Customer Success Team and directly with customers.
- Onboard new enterprise SPM customers and provide best practice technical advice on best utilisation of the platform.
- Help the Customer Success Team review contract agreements up for renewal for existing customers to ensure these meet the needs of customers for the year ahead.
- Proactively monitor Enterprise customers’ usage, providing recommendations on additional tools, products or updates to how they are using the platform.
- Work with Technical Support to manage customer issues that are not Product related (Bugs) and work to resolve for the customer.
- Work with the CSMs as the Customer advocate for Escalated/At Risk Accounts with Technical Support and Product Team for Product related issues (Bugs / Features etc)
- Talk with enterprise customers to quickly understand both their objectives and their tech stack; *Provide recommendations for them to fix underlying issues in their tech stack and Tune & configure SPM to best suit each customers’ specific situation
- Take proactive measures to measurably improve enterprise customers’ ability to successfully use SPM without your intervention. This will involve different things, but it will likely include:
- Improving internal troubleshooting / monitoring tools, documentation, etc for SPM;
- Providing extended functionality via other products in the Zyte platform, or popular opensource frameworks;
- Liaise with other product teams within Zyte to ensure SPM is well integrated in the ways that best serve enterprise customers.
- Be proactive in identifying product feature gaps and working with our Product teams on feature enhancements and providing customer candidates for beta programs.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Have a strong knowledge of HTTP and Networking.
- Have a strong knowledge of proxy technologies, specially in HTTP backconnect proxies
- Are comfortable taking ownership in business critical situations; you enjoy being the “go-to” person.
- Take a logical, data-backed approach to prioritizing projects, and enjoy working with others that do the same.
- Are naturally dissatisfied with inefficiencies and having to do the same thing more than once; you see ways to fix the underlying cause rather than only reacting to what’s in front of you.
- Experience in Google bigquery, ELK
- Enjoys writing performant and easy to read SQL.
- Loves to create visual representation of the data.
- Have excellent communication in both spoken and written English.
About the Company
At Zyte (formerly Scrapinghub), we eat data for breakfast and you can eat your breakfast anywhere and work for Zyte. Founded in 2010, we are a globally distributed team of over 190 Zytans working from over 28 countries who are on a mission to enable our customers to extract the data they need to continue to innovate and grow their businesses. We believe that all businesses deserve a smooth pathway to data
For more than a decade, Zyte has led the way in building powerful, easy-to-use tools to collect, format, and deliver web data, quickly, dependably, and at scale. And today, the data we extract helps thousands of organizations make smarter business decisions, secure competitive advantage, and drive sustainable growth. Today, over 2,000 companies and 1 million developers rely on our tools and services to get the data they need from the web.
- Contact: Jessica Quinn
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://apply.workable.com/zyte/j/A62FE6766C/apply/