Software Engineer - Backend (d/f/m)
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
Job TitleSoftware Engineer - Backend (d/f/m)
At Stylight, we’re on a mission to build the world’s best search platform for Fashion, Beauty and Design. We're always looking for talent to join our engineering team, and help connect millions of users with their favourite products across 16 countries. You’ll get to work with systems that handle thousands of requests per second, from custom analytics solutions to multi-regional search and ranking pipelines. We operate at a scale of billions of data points per month, which means you'll never run out of fun challenges waiting to be solved. Sounds exciting? Read on!
- Build, deploy, and monitor our live systems across four global regions.
- Implement, deploy and AB test new features for millions of website visitors.
- Foster technical excellence within the team, and contribute engineering best practices.
- Help us grow our engineering culture, from knowledge sharing sessions to hackathons.
Our Tech Stack
- Most of our services are written in either Python or Scala.
- We run our systems on AWS, and Google Cloud Platform.
- We use CircleCI to test, package, and deploy Docker containers to Kubernetes.
- We monitor our services with Datadog, Kibana, Sentry, Cloudwatch, and PagerDuty.
Your Future Team:
- We’re an international team with different backgrounds: Machine Learning, Data Science, Engineering.
- We love solving problems with a pragmatic approach - good enough is better than perfect.
- We work in two-week sprints, value autonomy, open communication and having few meetings.
- We love Slack. Besides sharing bad jokes and memes, it’s also where our alerts show up.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in a software development role.
- Proficient with Python, Scala or Java. Willingness to learn new languages.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following topics: Search Infrastructure, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning or Batch Processing (Terabyte-scale).
- Big plus: working knowledge of Docker, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Spark or BigQuery.
About the Company
Why join Stylight?
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community.
Together with Bits & Pretzels, we host daho.am, an annual developer conference with top-notch speakers and over 800 attendees. - International & highly motivated environment with open business culture in all departments. Our company language is English as we have more than 27 Nationalities. - Hands-on work after quick ramp up & openness to new solutions and improvements. - Personal Development and constant growth is key. That's why at Stylight a personal development budget is given to you to use throughout the year for personal growth and regulatory Innovation Days which help to share our knowledge throughout the company. - We are family-friendly and healthy minded which is why we are doing yoga together weekly, get our daily rate of fresh fruits from the counter and enjoy spending time with one another outside of working hours from BBQs to ping pong tournaments and Christmas tree decorating. - We have one of the coolest office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany) in the city center, and just a 10-minute walk to the nearest Biergarten. - Want to know more? Check out: about.stylight.com and tech.stylight.com.
Up for the challenge?
If you want to work in a fun, exciting, challenging and dedicated environment, then don't hesitate and apply today via about.stylight.com/jobs. We're looking forward to reading your complete application (cover letter, CV, references, certificates, GitHub profile) in English! Your contact: Laura Grassl.
- Contact: Laura Grassl
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://stylight.jobs.personio.de/job/335491?_pc=6315#apply