Software Engineer II
Portland, OR, US
Job TitleSoftware Engineer II
Software Engineer II
Energy Solutions is currently seeking a mid-level Software Engineer to join our Information Systems team to design, develop, and maintain software systems that support the distribution of incentives for clean energy technologies reporting systems. You will bring deep technical expertise and a team-oriented approach to bear as you implement systems that meet the needs of our clients as well as the energy and cost savings goals of the programs we support. This unique position is perfect for individuals with technical prowess that want to have an impact on energy efficiency markets and greenhouse gas reductions through our work for major North American utilities and other clients around the country.
Persons filling this position can choose to work from our Northern California office in Oakland, our Southern California office in Orange, Portland, Oregon, or our Boston, Massachusetts office. We will also consider remote candidates in other parts of the United States as well.
- Reviewing functional requirements and drafting implementation plans
- Designing, developing, and maintaining web applications and other enterprise software systems
- Contributing new unit tests and promptly fixing any tests that fail continuous integration checks
- Working with internal clients to debug, reproduce, document, and fix support problems for production systems
- Performing code reviews on colleagues' contributions to the codebase.
- Participating in agile ceremonies such as standup meetings and pointing discussions.
- Bringing technical analysis to discussions with internal clients, project managers, and other software engineers.
- Specializing in one or more codebases in order to be the go-to engineer for questions about bugs or new feature implementation plans.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- A bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science and 3-6 years of relevant experience, or master’s degree in a related field. Candidates exhibiting 5 or more years of work experience using related technologies are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with Python and Django. Similar object-oriented languages and frameworks will also be considered
- Experience with relational databases including MySQL, SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or similar
- Data processing and visualization capability a plus
- Energy related professional experience is a plus
About the Company
Founded in 1995, Energy Solutions is an employee owned energy efficiency and demand management engineering, program design and implementation consulting firm. Our mission is to create large-scale environmental impacts for our clients by implementing market-based solutions and developing policies that contribute to these goals. We foster this mission by retaining a talented and committed team, providing a stimulating, healthy and participatory workplace, and emphasizing creative new approaches that maximize the value of our services. With nearly 90 staff, we are honored to serve a diverse range of utility, public agency, commercial and industrial clients.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience and competitive with the industry. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Please email a cover letter with your available start date and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us at www.energy-solution.com. Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check and being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. EOE.