Senior software engineer - tax team
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Job TitleSenior software engineer - tax team
As a member of the engineering team, you are primarily responsible for designing, building, and maintaining both the front and backend systems. You'll also ensure your code follows best practices around security and design principles.
The initial primary functions of the role will be to integrate with the IRS Modern eFile system (MeF), design and build a user friendly tax filing data collection system (similar to the TurboTax interview), and to build and maintain the backend services and APIs used by the Carta Tax Advisor frontend team.
In addition, you will:
- Build and use production-deployed APIs supporting Carta Tax Advisor's technical products
- Integrate with third party services through a variety of APIs through official REST endpoints as well as screen scraping for services that don't provide an API
- Collect technical, product, and design requirements for current and future projects
- Work with design, product, and business functions on new projects and efforts
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 4+ years of production-facing application development (Note: we're a Python/DRF/Vue.js shop deployed on AWS Lambda; bonus points if you have experience with these technologies!)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building and maintaining a complex set of systems
- Experience working with product leads to deliver on time and on target
- Experience working with SQL or other data storage systems, like ORM, NoSQL, or others
- Experience integrating third party APIs
Helpful experiences and backgrounds:
- Django, or other Python web frameworks such as Flask
- Heroku, AWS, or GCP
- Serverless technologies such as AWS Lambda
- Testing automation (CI/CD)
About the Company
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.