Full Stack Python Developer
Houston, TX, United States
Job TitleFull Stack Python Developer
If you have wanted to bring your technical expertise, ‘challenge-accepted!’ mentality, and passion for building amazing products with real world impact for hundreds of millions of customers, come join our team! We have been looking for you! We have an amazing team with deep backgrounds across technology and energy. This is a hands-on Full Stack Software Engineer role responsible for designing, building and maintaining the next-generation apps, libraries, services and platforms.
- Design, develop and deploy production-grade services and apps emphasizing maintainability, performance, scalability, user experience and resilience.
- Follow best programming practices: clean implementation, code reviews, testing, documentation, automation, etc.
- Assume a leadership role in developing solutions with experience in continuous delivery, immutable deployments, containerization, and micro-service architectural patterns.
- Are "biased to action" and not easily blocked by problems and difficulties, instead taking ownership
- Believe in monitoring, QA, and security as a first-class citizen in any product.
- Dedicated to automation, documentation, and collaboration at all stages of the engineering workflow.
- Passionate about mentoring colleagues and educating the organization on best practices.
- Maintain a firm understanding of the business long term goals and strategy to inform system implementation - able to see the forest through the trees.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Skill Set Required:
- Strong Python background.
- Experience with GraphQL, gRPC and REST.
- Experience with various data storage technologies and patterns.
- Track record of choosing the right transit, storage, and analytical technology to simplify and optimize user experience.
- Real-world experience developing highly scalable solutions using micro-service architecture.
- Put your passion of CICD to work and enjoy the impact it has to software quality and customers!
- Live, laugh, and love some flavor of Agile. With a side of Scrum.
- Work closely with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate, and seek feedback.
- Pitch in where needed as a valued team member. There is no “i” in team…but 2 in “idiot”.
- Docker, K8s, Cloud, microservices, containerization, web services, DB/SQL, etc. etc. (You get it).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills. Let’s face it, you are one of the smartest people you know.
- Experienced with modern coding, testing, debugging and automation techniques.
- Rave about the benefits of CI/CD, unless manual deployments really are your thing.
- Have a high bar for user experience and quality.
- You are data driven and customer obsessed.
About the Company
Kforce is a placement agency. The job is with one of our clients that we have placed people in.
This role is a contract to hire. Once hired the company offers great benefits including a pension. That's right. Pension. Remember those?