Remote, Remote, United States
Job TitleDevOps Engineer
At CentralSquare, the DevOps Engineer works closely with Product, Engineering, Operations and Support teams. Individuals in this role use their system and networking knowledge to help design reliable, scalable, and cost-effective systems that meet business needs. DevOps Engineers must ensure that on-premise and hosted systems remain healthy. We seek solutions that reduce time, and complexity of system maintenance while increasing security, reliability, and capability. The DevOps Engineer will communicate professionally and positively with all stakeholders (internal and external).
- Collaborates with Product Owners, R&D leads, vendors and customers to ensure DevOps solutions address business and user needs
- Implements and supports technology stack for Engineering teams to leverage continuous integration and delivery approach for product delivery
- Monitors and tunes systems to ensure cost effectiveness, and optimum levels of performance, availability, stability, security and recoverability
- Performs and automates system and application related maintenance tasks
- Creates and maintains accurate documentation of systems, solutions, guidelines and processes
- Provides information to senior members on utilization of assets, services and processes
- Operates as a resource to less experienced DevOps Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing. Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- Participates in an on-call rotation to minimize business impact from performance issues, and system outages that are escalated internally to the DevOps team
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 5-7 years of industry experience or equivalent education
- Extensive UNIX system administration experience
- Python (or similar scripting language) experience
- Some relational database administration and SQL knowledge
- Experience with configuration and automation tools like Ansible, Puppet and Chef
- Knowledge of software development tools, operating systems, virtual and physical infrastructure, network topologies, and security models
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Availability to be on call 24x7 under reasonable circumstances and schedule
- Must pass background checks in all 50 states
- Must have strong communication skills and be fluent in the English language.
Bonus Points for:
- Strong network skills from the physical to application layers
- Experience running websites via Nginx or Apache
- Familiarity with AWS/Azure and infrastructure-as-code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
About the Company
We provide the broadest, smartest and most unified public sector software suite that powers all aspects of managing local government. Our public sector software platform provides solutions for public safety, including 911, dispatch, records, mobile and jail. For public administration agencies, we provide software for finance, HR/payroll, utilities, citizen engagement, community development, property tax, municipal services and asset management.
- Contact: Jessica Bonk
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/CareerCenter/v2/details.aspx?cid=7724&jid=544006