Senior Backend Python (Django) Developer
Miami, FL. (100% Remote), Florida, United States
Job TitleSenior Backend Python (Django) Developer
⚽ About Gloria
Gloria is a new platform where football fans and players can share content and interact with each other. We are currently testing the iOS version of our product in private beta and are excited about bringing what we're building to everyone in 2021. We're backed by great investors and are looking for people who want to join our small team for the long term and build the home of football online.
🚀 The role
We are looking for an experienced backend developer to join our small engineering team and help design Gloria's architecture for the years to come. You'll be working on a mix of infrastructure projects and user-facing features in collaboration with our client engineering team.
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
💻 What you'll do
- Design, build, and maintain APIs and services related to content delivery and feeds, authentication, communication services, and more.
- Maintain and extend the existing APIs powering Gloria on iOS, Android, and Web.
- Work on tools to deploy, test, monitor, analyze, and debug existing and new APIs and services.
- Contribute to new product explorations related to video processing, applied machine learning, real-time communication, and more.
🌟 About you
- You have strong knowledge of software development fundamentals and experience working with Python/Django, Docker, and GraphQL. We'll consider candidate who have significant experience with equivalent tools and are eager to learn quickly.
- You've built and maintained services that deliver content at scale. Experience with video, feeds, and messaging is a plus.
- You have experience building client APIs and have assisted other developers in the integration of features used by real people.
- You have excellent knowledge of security and data integrity standards and protocols.
- You understand how to balance speed, long-term scalability, and performance. You want to contribute ideas and be part of a small team building a lot of things from scratch.
- You are proactive, self-organized, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. * You are curious and have a bias towards action.
- You are a great collaborator and comfortable working autonomously, while keeping your team up to date asynchronously.
- This position is remote.
- Our team currently spans across GMT-3 (Argentina, Uruguay) and GMT-8 (US West Coast).
- Ideally you'd be able to overlap for a few hours per day with a major US time zone.
About the Company
⚽ About Gloria
Gloria is a new platform where football fans and players can share content and interact with each other. We are currently testing the iOS version of our product in private beta and are excited about bringing what we're building to everyone in 2021.
We're backed by great investors and are looking for people who want to join our small team for the long term and build the home of football online.