Job TitleSoftware Engineer
As a Backend Engineer you will work in a cross-functional team and collaborate closely with frontend engineers to deliver backend services for various product initiatives and experiments. You will be customer-focussed and make pragmatic technical decisions that balance speed of delivery with quality and maintainability.
- Collaborate with your team as you design and implement robust, readable, well-tested and solutions
- Develop back-end and database-driven unit-tested features using Python language and Django frameworks
- Mentor and help grow other engineers
- Develop GraphQL endpoints to be consumed by the frontend (our frontend stack is React/TypeScript)
- Learn the needs of our users and define solutions with your product manager and tech lead. Think beyond the code and about our customers
- Help us make our best practices even better (test culture, code reviews, mentoring)
NOTE: we're offering a relocation package and visa/work permit if needed. We're working remotely until the end of the year
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Who are you?
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Experience with writing unit tests.
- Experience developing web applications
- A great collaborator with excellent communication skills
- High level of self-organization, ownership, and responsibility
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Minimum B2 English level
- Bonus skills: Django, RabbitMQ, Celery, GraphQL, AWS, K8s
About the Company
Founded in 2012 and backed by some of the world's leading investors, Preply is a global language learning marketplace that connects 15,000 tutors with over 100,000 students from across the globe. We're continually improving our product through A/B experimentation and need your help to build a product that delivers life-changing language education to the world!
Our Backend Engineers are an integral part of our cross-functional Product teams. You will be part of the entire feature lifecycle from ideation and brainstorming through to deploying your unit-tested and instrumented code to production.
We release our product 50-60 times per day by leveraging technologies like Kubernetes (Skaffold+Helm), Docker and top-notch CI/CD processes. As a fast-growing company, we have diverse technical challenges that will allow you to develop your skills at scale.
- Contact: Ferran San Millan
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://boards.greenhouse.io/preply/jobs/4406412003