Senior AWS Python Developer
Remote, Remote, Remote
Job TitleSenior AWS Python Developer
This role requires an ambitious engineer willing to work on challenges and most importantly not being afraid of suggesting initiatives and delivering on them.
We are looking for a long-term partnership. However, even if you stay with us for only a year, you definitely grow your expertise 3x.
Responsibilities - You would be building, testing, validating new optimization recipes as well as debugging and improving existing ones - You would be building a fault-tolerant and infinitely scalable platform that is capable of processing information coming from hundreds of sources - Writing reliable, testable, readable, and documented code
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Experience with Python and at least 8 years of software engineering experience.
- We understand that years of experience in itself is not the best measure of one's expertise. We are looking for people who saw solutions, build solutions, tried multiple technologies, and understand how the industry is changing. We are looking for people who are curious about their tools and how they work.
- It's one thing to write code, it's a completely different skill to understand how the program will be executed, how it will scale, what challenges you may encounter.
- We expect knowledge of standard data structures and their usage as well as standard programming principles and methodologies.
- Proactive attitude, ability to work around blocks with creative thinking.
- Experience with developing serverless, loosely coupled applications on major cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure) using the native SDKs
- Understanding of horizontal scaling, and concurrency; e.g. what would you do if you have 10k lambdas running in parallel? How would you deal with API/resource limits across various execution contexts? How can you deal with massive caching?
- Experience with container technologies and microservice architecture. Do you know what is the container?
- Experience with AWS: EC2, RDS, S3, SSM, Lambda, Step Functions, Networking and VPCs, AWS Security, SQS/SNS, DynamoDB
- Great communication skills in English.
- Ability to provide 4 hours of overlap with CET hours.
- Familiarity with at least one IaaC technology: Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi, etc.
- Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose.
- A competitive compensation package and flexible time-off policy.
- 100% remote position, even after the pandemic. Flexibility and autonomy.
- No micromanagement. You're given a task and expected to deliver – we won't be breathing in your neck.
- You will work with some of the most experienced/talented people in the cloud-native development industry; together you will be solving challenges that haven't been solved before.
- Fully covered certification program for AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- In a year, you will 3x your expertise in cloud development.
About the Company
Virtasant is a global cloud services provider with industry-leading technology, capabilities, and people with more than a decade of experience. One of our major offerings is Cloud Cost Optimization (CO) platform, which is the industry-leading methodology and software to track and optimize spend on major cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure. We've had successful use-cases where we reduced cost by almost 70% unlocking hundreds of millions of dollars for our customers to reinvest in other projects.